Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
Amazing authors of the future were recognised at a special Book Festival event on Saturday 17th July at Crieff Hydro Resort, with families enjoying an afternoon of fun to celebrate.
The event marked the launch of a limited-edition bedtime story book curated by Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels which includes a collection of short stories written by children across the country, shortlisted from more than 300 competition entries received earlier this year.
Judge authors John Bray, Helen Grant and Susy McPhee were on hand to present prizes, including their very own copy of the special book, to the age category winners – Daisy McCulloch from Crieff (age 5), fourteen-year-old Chloe Aitken from Penicuik (age 14) and Clara Kooyman from Archway in North London (age 11).
The winners, those shortlisted and other guests were treated to a fantastic performance from iconic children’s entertainers, The Singing Kettle, and also enjoyed a picnic lunch and lots of fun at the resort’s Adventure Park.
Thirty stories from children aged 5-14 have been included in the story book which will be available at all eight hotels in the Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels.
Nic Oldham, Head of Customer and Commercial at Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels, said: “We were thrilled to welcome some of the budding authors who took part in the competition and their families to the event, which proved to be the perfect launch for our Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels bedtime story book.
“It was wonderful for the children to see their imaginative tales in print for the first time and everyone thoroughly enjoyed The Singing Kettle’s performance and other activities on the day. A huge thank you to everyone who made the competition such a success, including our author judges, illustrators and – of course – the talented young writers who shared their stories with us.”
Category winner Daisy McCulloch, aged five from Crieff, said: “It was really exciting to hear my story being read out at the event, seeing Captain Bluebeak brought to life and getting my very own copy of the book. I loved meeting everyone, being at Crieff Hydro and seeing The Singing Kettle!”
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels welcomes Drummond Arms Hotel as associated hotel
- Businesses boost Perth Show's virtual showcase
- £20 million funding boost for road freight
- Businesses urged to prepare for National Security and Investment Act
- Scottish Government set out plans for climate action to mark 100 days to COP 26
- New self-isolation exemption scheme for ‘critical workers’
- Opening Of The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant
- Scottish Tourism Leadership Programme
- Help shape the future of support for social enterprises!
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer