Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
Amazing authors of the future were recognised at a special Book Festival event on Saturday 17th July at Crieff Hydro Resort, with families enjoying an afternoon of fun to celebrate.
The event marked the launch of a limited-edition bedtime story book curated by Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels which includes a collection of short stories written by children across the country, shortlisted from more than 300 competition entries received earlier this year.
Judge authors John Bray, Helen Grant and Susy McPhee were on hand to present prizes, including their very own copy of the special book, to the age category winners – Daisy McCulloch from Crieff (age 5), fourteen-year-old Chloe Aitken from Penicuik (age 14) and Clara Kooyman from Archway in North London (age 11).
The winners, those shortlisted and other guests were treated to a fantastic performance from iconic children’s entertainers, The Singing Kettle, and also enjoyed a picnic lunch and lots of fun at the resort’s Adventure Park.
Thirty stories from children aged 5-14 have been included in the story book which will be available at all eight hotels in the Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels.
Nic Oldham, Head of Customer and Commercial at Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels, said: “We were thrilled to welcome some of the budding authors who took part in the competition and their families to the event, which proved to be the perfect launch for our Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels bedtime story book.
“It was wonderful for the children to see their imaginative tales in print for the first time and everyone thoroughly enjoyed The Singing Kettle’s performance and other activities on the day. A huge thank you to everyone who made the competition such a success, including our author judges, illustrators and – of course – the talented young writers who shared their stories with us.”
Category winner Daisy McCulloch, aged five from Crieff, said: “It was really exciting to hear my story being read out at the event, seeing Captain Bluebeak brought to life and getting my very own copy of the book. I loved meeting everyone, being at Crieff Hydro and seeing The Singing Kettle!”
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce Deepen Dubai Connections at Landmark Bi-lateral Chamber Exchange
- COVID-19 Booster Programme
- First Minister’s COVID-19 Omicron Variant Briefing 10:30am 29/11/2021
- 'Back for the Future' Business Star Awards
- Scottish business taking green energy message to the world
- SCC respond to Scottish Government COVID-19 update
- PEST CONTROL FIRM TEES-UP NEW ROLE
- Scotland is Open
- Stagecoach announces free travel for veterans and military personnel across the UK on Remembrance Day and Remembrance Sunday
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels celebrates staff with a smile
- Perth based Carbon Financial is celebrating a landmark industry accolade
- Scottish Careers Week: 'Shape The Future' Webinar
- SCC Network - QEI Update
- Macnabs Will Aid Fundraising Event
- Pitlochry care home gets into the Autumn spirit with its own Tattie Bogle and a visit from Yarn Bombers
- KILMAC SPREADING ITS WINGS
- SCC Reaction to UK Budget 2021
- Plans for £33.8 million leisure-led development at Perthshire submitted to the Council
- Stephen Leckie honoured with HIT Industry Award 2021
- Thorntons Recruit Five New Solicitors
- Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
- Further trainees start their legal career with Thorntons
- Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
- Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club