VisitScotland Gaelic Toolkit Launched
VisitScotland has launched its first Gaelic toolkit to help the tourism industry to build upon the lure of the language with visitors.
The new asset highlights ways to use Gaelic and its culture to create a more immersive visitor experience such as teaching staff some basic phrases and translating place names to reveal their Gaelic origins and meanings.
It comes as interest in the language grows, with the national tourism organisation’s consumer website seeing a 56 per cent increase in the popularity of its Gaelic content from 2018-2020. And a Scottish Gaelic Explained video created by the national tourism organisation reached over half a million views online.
A directory of Gaelic resources has also been included in the toolkit to help businesses develop their Gaelic offering as well as case studies illustrating how the language can benefit tourism. They include offering Gaelic lessons to people online during lockdown to stay engaged with potential visitors. The VisitScotland Visitor Survey previously found that, with no prior promotion, 34 per cent of respondents felt that Gaelic, as a national language of Scotland, enhanced their visit and they would like to find out more about it.
The toolkit has been delivered through VisitScotland’s Gaelic Tourism Strategy which is aimed at increasing promotion and access to Gaelic as part of the Scottish visitor experience.
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce comment on Scotland’s GDP Figures and Inflation
- Stagecoach and St Johnstone Team Up for Discounted Match Day Travel
- SCC comment on MAC Report on International Student Migration & Labour Market Figures
- Circular Tayside - GET A FREE ASSESSMENT TO FUTURE PROOF YOUR BUSINESS
- Sleepover case could save employers millions
- Don’t miss out on Graduate Apprenticeship benefits, says Perth and Kinross Council
- Scottish Chambers Comments on Scotland’s GDP for Q1 2018
- New Live Active Leisure Membership Benefit
- Breakfast Briefing - Introducing Circular Tayside
- CHINESE AMBASSADOR TELLS SCOTTISH BUSINESS IT’S TIME FOR ACTION
- Circular Economy Survey - please help us
- New support programme to help Perthshire businesses capitalise on £2.4 million worth of local circular economy opportunities
- Smiles All Round for Perthshire's Top Business
- Star Award Scene Setters
- Star Sponsors Revealed
- Business Star Finalists 2017 Announced
- Grand Day at Gleneagles for Chamber Golf Day
- Business Star Awards 2016 - The Results!
- Business finalists selected for Star billing