VisitScotland Gaelic Toolkit Launched
VisitScotland has launched its first Gaelic toolkit to help the tourism industry to build upon the lure of the language with visitors.
The new asset highlights ways to use Gaelic and its culture to create a more immersive visitor experience such as teaching staff some basic phrases and translating place names to reveal their Gaelic origins and meanings.
It comes as interest in the language grows, with the national tourism organisation’s consumer website seeing a 56 per cent increase in the popularity of its Gaelic content from 2018-2020. And a Scottish Gaelic Explained video created by the national tourism organisation reached over half a million views online.
A directory of Gaelic resources has also been included in the toolkit to help businesses develop their Gaelic offering as well as case studies illustrating how the language can benefit tourism. They include offering Gaelic lessons to people online during lockdown to stay engaged with potential visitors. The VisitScotland Visitor Survey previously found that, with no prior promotion, 34 per cent of respondents felt that Gaelic, as a national language of Scotland, enhanced their visit and they would like to find out more about it.
The toolkit has been delivered through VisitScotland’s Gaelic Tourism Strategy which is aimed at increasing promotion and access to Gaelic as part of the Scottish visitor experience.
- Forth Valley Virtual Trade Mission to Belgium
- Blackadders: Knowledge of disability is key in disability discrimination claims
- Stagecoach launches new sustainability strategy
- Thorntons launches Charity Wills Campaign virtually this September
- Loan scheme launched for Scotland's farmers and crofters
- New touring fund for live music
- Scottish Covid inquiry to start later this year
- Blackadders - To be or not to Airbnb?
- Future Looks Bright For SMEs – New SME Barometer
- Limited number of trade spaces still available at Scottish Game Fair
- DigitalBoost Development Grant – Reopened
- Charity photography competition launched on World Photography day
- Murrayshall supports Cash for Kids with inaugural ProAm golf tournament
- Fund to support food & drink producers and suppliers
- Help to Grow: Management scheme
- New programme to support growth of UK cyber sector
- Invitation to Perthshire Chamber of Commerce 2021 Golf Day!
- Are you ready for the ISDN switchoff?
- Stagecoach carries out first trials of new bridge alert technology
- Perth care homes calling for ‘Everyday Heroes’ as they run flash recruitment events
- Workplace testing rolled out to boost recovery
- ScotSpirit Holiday Voucher Scheme
- Success For New Perthshire Business With National Finalist Nomination
- Global warming will hit 1.5C by 2040, warns IPCC report