Visit Scotland launch summer staycation campaign
Visit Scotland have today launched a new marketing campaign running throughout the summer, Now is Your Time, to invite people to holiday in Scotland.
With ongoing restrictions to international travel, it's likely that staycations will again be a popular choice for many people across the U.K. summer.
New figures from Visit Scotland suggest that almost two thirds of people are keen to revisit places in Scotland that they haven’t been to for years with some doing so in a different way, for example, revisiting a favourite holiday destination from childhood but swapping the family game of rounders on th e beach to an adrenaline-fuelled kayaking experience.
The 'Now is Your Time' campaign is aimed at inspiring people across the UK to take a much-needed break with a day out, a city break or a longer holiday to enjoy all the country has to offer and to help businesses get behind and support the campaign.
Visit Scotland say of their new campaign: We’re focusing on the key offerings and diversity we know Scotland has in abundance – days out, short stays, city breaks, escapes and family gatherings.
"This campaign includes the creation of a series of new videos for different groups of visitors, from families of parents, grandparents and children to groups of friends, and couples. We’ve been out exploring Scotland and capturing new footage of exactly what Scotland has to offer each of us.
"Our consumer insights show that there's still a hesitancy about booking holidays this summer. This is mixed with a strong desire to take a much-needed break, especially for those still working from their homes. So, this campaign will focus on why now is the time for visitors to take a break in Scotland.
Visit Scotland have put together an industry toolkit to help businesses amplify themselves within the wider campaign.
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels welcomes Drummond Arms Hotel as associated hotel
- Businesses boost Perth Show's virtual showcase
- £20 million funding boost for road freight
- Businesses urged to prepare for National Security and Investment Act
- Scottish Government set out plans for climate action to mark 100 days to COP 26
- New self-isolation exemption scheme for ‘critical workers’
- Opening Of The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant
- Scottish Tourism Leadership Programme
- Help shape the future of support for social enterprises!
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer