Visit Scotland launch summer staycation campaign
Visit Scotland have today launched a new marketing campaign running throughout the summer, Now is Your Time, to invite people to holiday in Scotland.
With ongoing restrictions to international travel, it's likely that staycations will again be a popular choice for many people across the U.K. summer.
New figures from Visit Scotland suggest that almost two thirds of people are keen to revisit places in Scotland that they haven’t been to for years with some doing so in a different way, for example, revisiting a favourite holiday destination from childhood but swapping the family game of rounders on th e beach to an adrenaline-fuelled kayaking experience.
The 'Now is Your Time' campaign is aimed at inspiring people across the UK to take a much-needed break with a day out, a city break or a longer holiday to enjoy all the country has to offer and to help businesses get behind and support the campaign.
Visit Scotland say of their new campaign: We’re focusing on the key offerings and diversity we know Scotland has in abundance – days out, short stays, city breaks, escapes and family gatherings.
"This campaign includes the creation of a series of new videos for different groups of visitors, from families of parents, grandparents and children to groups of friends, and couples. We’ve been out exploring Scotland and capturing new footage of exactly what Scotland has to offer each of us.
"Our consumer insights show that there's still a hesitancy about booking holidays this summer. This is mixed with a strong desire to take a much-needed break, especially for those still working from their homes. So, this campaign will focus on why now is the time for visitors to take a break in Scotland.
Visit Scotland have put together an industry toolkit to help businesses amplify themselves within the wider campaign.
- Diesel prices reach record of over £1.80 a litre
- UK Global Screen Fund receives £21m extra funding for three-year extension
- Energy bills shake-up plans to avoid price shocks
- Land and Property Market Survey
- Here’s The Plan…to a realistic, affordable sustainable future
- Rental market at its ‘most competitive’ ever
- Support for fishing and coastal communities
- Public encouraged to take part in National Parks consultation
- Global Business Dinner to showcase the best of Scotland
- Travelknowhow Scotland are delighted to be able to extend their FREE consultancy support package throughout 2022/23
- It’s the people of Perth’s chance to have their say on BBC Debate Night
- New Digital Skills Academy - applications open
- Perth Festival of the Arts
- Auto Services Perth Ltd sponsor Perth Racecourse for the 2022 season
- Electric models drive second-hand car sales higher
- Morrisons rescues McColl's taking on all 16,000 staff
- Inflationary pressure poses huge risk to Scottish businesses
- Focus on tackling the cost of living in Queen's Speech
- New UK sanctions for Russia and Belarus
- UK Capital Allowance Regime - Consultation
- Additional £4 million for the Young Person’s Guarantee
- Latest FPMC funding round announced
- SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Survey Q2 2022
- Azets global SME leaders growth conference - 12th May