Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
As the UK draws closer to leaving the EU on the 29th of March, barring an extension or revoking of Article 50, SCC has put together a list of support and resources that is currently on offer from both government and other organisations to help support firms preparing for Brexit.
British Chambers of Commerce
The British Chambers of Commerce has put together a Brexit hub where you can access a number of support mechanisms. These include;
- A Business Brexit Checklist which outlines key areas of operations where firms should assess what could change for them after the UK's departure from the EU.
- An FAQ section on the current Withdrawal Agreement that was agreed by the UK and EU negotiating teams
- A Risk Register which assesses progress made on 24 business-critical issues.
Delivered in partnership by Scotland’s enterprise and skills agencies; HIENT, Business Gateway, SDI, Scottish Enterprise and SDS, this provides a collaborative base of support for Scottish business designed to raise awareness of the risks, challenges and opportunities of the new economic landscape by highlighting areas that business needs to plan for to mitigate the possible consequences of Brexit.
The Government’s Technical Notices give information on what would happen in different industries and around different issues in a no-deal scenario. Preparing for no deal is now an operational priority for the UK Government.
- The Scottish Government set out its position on the current Withdrawal Agreement in its ‘Scotland’s Place in Europe’ paper that was published last November.
- In January of this year, it published a Brexit readiness assessment that summaries the risks facing Scottish businesses in a no deal Brexit. The report describes the key findings from Ernst & Young’s analysis of Scottish business sectors’ key challenges and preparedness for Brexit.
- The report draws on an assessment of Brexit risks carried out in September and October 2018 across 14 key sectors in the Scottish economy identified by the Scottish Government through a Rapid Synthesis, and a series of sector-specific dynamic consultation workshops facilitated by Ernst & Young on behalf of the Scottish Government during November 2018.
The European Commission has published a number of documents across many areas that will be affected by Brexit. They set out the consequences if there is no deal reached between the UK & EU come the current scheduled date of departure, the 29th of March.
In January of this year, the Information Commissioner Elizabeth Denham set out how the ICO is helping businesses, particularly SMEs, prepare for a possible no-deal Brexit. She also set out the importance of understanding how data protection may be affected in such a scenario.
- Business Star Awards 2019
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business
- ACS Flight Training appoints Bose Aviation as its official headset supplier
- On their bike for charities
- GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"
- Stone of Destiny Engagement
- LEGUS appoint Campbell Clark as Chair
- The Enchanted Forest secures spot in Lonely Planet's Ultimate UK Travel Guide
- Perthshire businesses embrace work experience programme
- Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
- GS Group unveils premier package
- Solheim Cup comes to Perthshire
- Non-traditional trade marks
- Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
- Trucking In Down the Shore Road