UK Government announces £167 million green technologies boost
The UK Government has announced a £167 million funding boost for green technologies as part of plans to create 60,000 jobs across the country and "future-proof" Scotland's polluting industries.
The multi-million pound investment, which will be awarded to innovators, businesses, academics and heavy industry, will accelerate the delivery of the critical technologies needed to meet the UK’s climate targets.
The £166.5 million package will develop technologies in carbon capture, greenhouse gas removal and hydrogen, while also helping find solutions to decarbonise the UK’s polluting sectors including manufacturing, steel, energy and waste.
Ministers hope the investment will “help put the UK at the forefront of the green technologies of the future” while supporting British industries to lowers costs, remain competitive and protect jobs as they improve their energy efficiency.
The funding package announced on Monday includes:]
- Carrick Management welcomes new employees through Kickstart Scheme
- Perth Autism Support - 5K MAY
- 5 Employment Law Seminars in 5 Days
- Proposed Development at West Kinfauns
- Local Business Supports Freelancers in Growing Virtual Sector
- £7Million Global Screen Fund Launched
- Government Spending Highest Since WWII
- Scottish Government Daily Update 24th April 2021
- Colombian Market and Opportunities for Scottish Business
- Family Reunions at Balhousie
- Scottish Government Toolkit - Helping Your Business Open Safely
- Blackadders - This isn’t just any trade mark infringement…
- Scottish Government Coronavirus Update Tuesday 20th April 2021
- Moving to Level 3
- Lockdown restrictions continue to be eased
- Voyager closes £874,000 crowdfunding round 35 days early due to oversubscription
- Perth City Centre Website – how to register your reopening details
- Royal Bank of Scotland Re-Launches Enterprise Programme
- Rally for Growth - Party Leader Events
- Scottish Government Daily Update 13th April 2021
- Charity works – if ever you needed proof - Barnardo’s Works
- China-Britain Business Council - UK-China Consumer Week, 19th - 23rd April
- Aspen Waite reach out to the business world with dedicated radio station
- Temporary Restrictions Fund for Childcare Providers