UK Government announces £167 million green technologies boost
The UK Government has announced a £167 million funding boost for green technologies as part of plans to create 60,000 jobs across the country and "future-proof" Scotland's polluting industries.
The multi-million pound investment, which will be awarded to innovators, businesses, academics and heavy industry, will accelerate the delivery of the critical technologies needed to meet the UK’s climate targets.
The £166.5 million package will develop technologies in carbon capture, greenhouse gas removal and hydrogen, while also helping find solutions to decarbonise the UK’s polluting sectors including manufacturing, steel, energy and waste.
Ministers hope the investment will “help put the UK at the forefront of the green technologies of the future” while supporting British industries to lowers costs, remain competitive and protect jobs as they improve their energy efficiency.
The funding package announced on Monday includes:]
- Senior promotions at Thorntons Solicitors
- SCOTTISH SMEs REMAIN COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABILITY DESPITE COVID-19
- PKC Place Management Team: FAO Independent Retailers, Restaurants and Public Facing Businesses in Perth and Kinross. 6 Jan 2021.
- TravelKnowHow Scotland: Free Virtual Workplace Travel Planning Workshops
- SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCE A FURTHER £13 MILLION FOR EVENTS INDUSTRY
- The Magic of Christmas from Pitlochry Festival Theatre
- Circular Tayside: How to make your own reusable face covering – live workshop from Zero Waste Scotland
- Circular Tayside: Rural jobs Scotland: Report predicts thousands of roles could be created in green economy boost
- Circular Tayside: Survey highlights Perth and Kinross residents’ concerns over single-use plastics
- Perth College UHI: New Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) allows SMEs to access up to £5,000 worth of training
- Perth and Kinross Countryside Trust - A Valuable Local Asset for All
- Circular Tayside : November 2020 Newsletter
- Circular Tayside: Check out this inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s!
- Inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s
- Salutation Hotel Festive Lunch & Dinner Specials
- PRI Cheque Presentation in Memory of Businessman Jim Graham
- Meet Artist Gerard Burns Invitation from Carbon
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar
- Y-Xplore at YMCA Tayside, with support from the Aviva Community Fund
- AbilityNet - Who we are and What we do
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards
- Circular Tayside: Exciting new funding to help Sottish businesses save energy!
- Circular Tayside: Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS) is launching a new campaign for face coverings.