UK Government announces £167 million green technologies boost
The UK Government has announced a £167 million funding boost for green technologies as part of plans to create 60,000 jobs across the country and "future-proof" Scotland's polluting industries.
The multi-million pound investment, which will be awarded to innovators, businesses, academics and heavy industry, will accelerate the delivery of the critical technologies needed to meet the UK’s climate targets.
The £166.5 million package will develop technologies in carbon capture, greenhouse gas removal and hydrogen, while also helping find solutions to decarbonise the UK’s polluting sectors including manufacturing, steel, energy and waste.
Ministers hope the investment will “help put the UK at the forefront of the green technologies of the future” while supporting British industries to lowers costs, remain competitive and protect jobs as they improve their energy efficiency.
The funding package announced on Monday includes:]
- #FlushFest2021: the world’s only menopause festival!
- Operate After Brexit - How to Access Guidance, Support & Advice
- Flonix Welcomes New Apprentice
- Scottish Government Daily Update 24th March 2021
- £25 Million Announced for Scottish Tourism Recovery
- Increased Funding Announced for Young Persons Guarantee
- Scotland's Train Operator, Scotrail, to be Nationalised
- Balhousie in Bloom - Balhousie Care Group Garden Competition
- Scottish Government Daily Update 22nd March 2021
- Perth Based Housebuilder Attains 5* Rating
- Business Support Bulletin - Grants & Funding Deadlines, 22nd - 28th March 2021
- Scottish Enterprise to make £4 million available for Green Jobs
- Scottish Government Daily Update 19th March 2021
- Scottish Government - Coronavirus Easing of Restrictions Summary, Tuesday 16th March
- SME Brexit Support Fund Open for Applications
- Scottish Enterprise & AOG Energy - Virtual Mission
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 11th March 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update 10 March 2021
- Are mergers on the cards as a solution for charities?
- Scottish Government Daily Update 09 March 2021
- SCC Network: Campervan and Motorhome Rental Operators Fund
- Scottish Apprenticeships Employer Event with Perth College UHI
- Enchanted Forest Launches Nationwide Search for New Trustees
- Buyer demand remains undiminished