UK Government announces £167 million green technologies boost
The UK Government has announced a £167 million funding boost for green technologies as part of plans to create 60,000 jobs across the country and "future-proof" Scotland's polluting industries.
The multi-million pound investment, which will be awarded to innovators, businesses, academics and heavy industry, will accelerate the delivery of the critical technologies needed to meet the UK’s climate targets.
The £166.5 million package will develop technologies in carbon capture, greenhouse gas removal and hydrogen, while also helping find solutions to decarbonise the UK’s polluting sectors including manufacturing, steel, energy and waste.
Ministers hope the investment will “help put the UK at the forefront of the green technologies of the future” while supporting British industries to lowers costs, remain competitive and protect jobs as they improve their energy efficiency.
The funding package announced on Monday includes:]
- £26 Million For Digital Skills
- Test and Protect Update on COVID-19 Testing
- Glenalmond College - Virtual Open Day, June 19th
- Lindsays: The Right To Disconnect
- Kickstart for Aaron
- Hotel Group Partners With Respitality Scotland
- Bank of Scotland Academy Has Launched
- Grey Matters, The Company Creation Programme
- Aircraft Decommissioning Pathway
- New Managing Partner at Thorntons
- UK set for stronger post-Covid recovery, says OECD
- Deadline to Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme - 30th June
- VisitScotland Destination and Sector Marketing Fund - Applications Open
- Macnabs Will Aid Initiative Raises over £8000 for Charity
- First Minister Sets Out Priorities For Government
- Open for Business Fund - Perth & Kinross Council
- UK Government announces £167 million green technologies boost
- Phased Return to Non-Essential Offices - Draft Guidance
- Space launches from UK to start in 2022
- £3.75 million to improve rural connectivity
- Scotland’s response to the COVID-19 crisis in India
- Charity Trustees Should Not Be Afraid of Acting in Good Faith
- Coronavirus: Discretionary fund - closing soon!
- New Micro Enterprise Fund