UK Government announces £167 million green technologies boost
The UK Government has announced a £167 million funding boost for green technologies as part of plans to create 60,000 jobs across the country and "future-proof" Scotland's polluting industries.
The multi-million pound investment, which will be awarded to innovators, businesses, academics and heavy industry, will accelerate the delivery of the critical technologies needed to meet the UK’s climate targets.
The £166.5 million package will develop technologies in carbon capture, greenhouse gas removal and hydrogen, while also helping find solutions to decarbonise the UK’s polluting sectors including manufacturing, steel, energy and waste.
Ministers hope the investment will “help put the UK at the forefront of the green technologies of the future” while supporting British industries to lowers costs, remain competitive and protect jobs as they improve their energy efficiency.
The funding package announced on Monday includes:]
- Climate action challenge counts on Johnston Carmichael for support
- Establishing Green Ports
- Foresight Scottish Growth Fund
- Scotland Coach Operators COVID19 Business Support and Continuity Fund Strand 2 – Applications Now Open
- Scotland aiming to lift Covid restrictions by 9th August
- Scottish Chamber of Commerce: National Security and Investment Act Policy Update
- Scottish Chamber of Commerce: Strategic Framework & Office Re-opening Policy Update
- Hospitality legend retiring after six decades
- Lindsays: The Point of Return
- Blackadders: Electronic Communications Code
- Social Enterprise Awards Scotland
- Stagecoach teams up with NHS in Scotland to offer discounted bus travel to Scotland’s key workers
- Blackadders: Planning and Innovating in the Rural Hospitality Sector
- Bounce Back Into Business With Free PR and Marketing Package
- Scottish lockdown easing ‘likely’ to be delayed until July
- Take part in the China International Import Expo
- VisitScotland Gaelic Toolkit Launched
- Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Driver and Operator Support Fund
- Cultural Organisations and Arts Venues Funding Round 2
- Thimblerow Development Brief Consultation
- Significant New Appointment in Azets Aberdeen Office
- Carbon Webinars are ON THE BALL!
- New £50,000 fund for social enterprises
- Green Jobs Funding Call