Trucking In Down the Shore Road
Businessman John Bryden believes Perth has the appetite for a new foodie venture.
Scotland has begun to embrace the street food truck phenomenon imported from the USA.
They’ve already proved a hit in Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Now John, who operates That Bar and Loft Nightclub and leases out the award-winning Ice Factory nightclub, has welcomed a tasty entertainment initiative being served up at the Shore Road.
On Sunday, July 28, event organiser Stine Hope, of The Yard, launches laid-back “Social Sundays,” featuring a range of food trucks lured in from across Tayside and beyond to tease the taste buds.
“It’s something completely different and a bit quirky for Perth,” said John.
“There will be live music and DJs providing chill out sounds throughout the afternoon.”
The Ice Factory grounds adjacent to the undercover seating at The Yard will host different food trucks on Sundays from noon to 6pm.
“In recent years cities like Edinburgh and Glasgow have led the way in terms of top quality street food,” said Stine.
“But we are determined to catch up fast.
“There are already more than 100 food trucks operating in Scotland now and we aim to bring the best we can to Perth for locals and tourists alike to sample.
“Summer is a busy time for operators, with demand soaring from festivals and outdoor events, but we have secured an exciting mix to launch on July 28.
“Future bookings include Asian buns and a vegan food provider who was a contender in the Scottish Street Food Awards, part of the recent British Street Food Annual Awards.”
- Sustainable Innovation Fund Round 2 is now open!
- Balhousie Care Group begins phased re-opening of homes to garden visits for loved ones
- Stagecoach East Scotland Shortlisted for Top Industry Awards
- Gleneagles to Welcome Guests from 15 July, 2020
- Zero Waste Scotland launches food redistribution matchmaking service
- Meet George, 98 Years Young and Still Learning
- Balhousie Care Group is #GladtoCare as national awareness week “shines a light on the care industry’s incredible work”
- Covid-19 Business Recovery: "Green Investment is the way to go" wrap-up
- Circular Tayside: Chat with Kevin Frediani, Dundee University Botanic Garden
- REMAKE in Crieff gets £57k funding to support local community
- Circular Tayside - Second Ambassador Meeting
- A new chapter for Balhousie North Inch Grove as it introduces two new managers
- Zero Waste Scotland Event - Sustainable Renovation in Practice - 22 July 2020
- Thorntons Estate Agency gears up for viewings as waiting list grows
- D C Thomson Media launches Back to Business
- Covid-19 business recovery: Green investment is the way to go by Circular Tayside
- 'Artist-in-Resident' Gordon brings his creativity to Perthshire Care Home
- Balhousie Care Group Buries Time Capsule for Future Generations to Learn About People's Experiences During Coronavirus Crisis
- Upskill with short, no cost course on Digital Marketing
- “Chat with Circular Tayside” with John Ross, Kinross Wooden Products
- Scottish Government: £20k-£80k "Designing Sustainable Plastic Solutions" Funding Competition
- Balhousie Care Group Introduce Thermal Imaging Cameras to Reduce Spread of COVID-19
- New "Chat with Circular Tayside" Series
- Perth and Kinross Residents Invited to Travel the World with Live Active Leisure