Trucking In Down the Shore Road
Businessman John Bryden believes Perth has the appetite for a new foodie venture.
Scotland has begun to embrace the street food truck phenomenon imported from the USA.
They’ve already proved a hit in Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Now John, who operates That Bar and Loft Nightclub and leases out the award-winning Ice Factory nightclub, has welcomed a tasty entertainment initiative being served up at the Shore Road.
On Sunday, July 28, event organiser Stine Hope, of The Yard, launches laid-back “Social Sundays,” featuring a range of food trucks lured in from across Tayside and beyond to tease the taste buds.
“It’s something completely different and a bit quirky for Perth,” said John.
“There will be live music and DJs providing chill out sounds throughout the afternoon.”
The Ice Factory grounds adjacent to the undercover seating at The Yard will host different food trucks on Sundays from noon to 6pm.
“In recent years cities like Edinburgh and Glasgow have led the way in terms of top quality street food,” said Stine.
“But we are determined to catch up fast.
“There are already more than 100 food trucks operating in Scotland now and we aim to bring the best we can to Perth for locals and tourists alike to sample.
“Summer is a busy time for operators, with demand soaring from festivals and outdoor events, but we have secured an exciting mix to launch on July 28.
“Future bookings include Asian buns and a vegan food provider who was a contender in the Scottish Street Food Awards, part of the recent British Street Food Annual Awards.”
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access
- New recruitment drive for tourism and hospitality sectors
- Visit Scotland launch summer staycation campaign
- Latest SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Results
- Archie's Appeal For Summer: Enjoy a Picnic in the Park!
- New LNER Timetable Consultation
- Lindsays: Scottish employee ownership deals set to double
- Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions