Trucking In Down the Shore Road
Businessman John Bryden believes Perth has the appetite for a new foodie venture.
Scotland has begun to embrace the street food truck phenomenon imported from the USA.
They’ve already proved a hit in Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Now John, who operates That Bar and Loft Nightclub and leases out the award-winning Ice Factory nightclub, has welcomed a tasty entertainment initiative being served up at the Shore Road.
On Sunday, July 28, event organiser Stine Hope, of The Yard, launches laid-back “Social Sundays,” featuring a range of food trucks lured in from across Tayside and beyond to tease the taste buds.
“It’s something completely different and a bit quirky for Perth,” said John.
“There will be live music and DJs providing chill out sounds throughout the afternoon.”
The Ice Factory grounds adjacent to the undercover seating at The Yard will host different food trucks on Sundays from noon to 6pm.
“In recent years cities like Edinburgh and Glasgow have led the way in terms of top quality street food,” said Stine.
“But we are determined to catch up fast.
“There are already more than 100 food trucks operating in Scotland now and we aim to bring the best we can to Perth for locals and tourists alike to sample.
“Summer is a busy time for operators, with demand soaring from festivals and outdoor events, but we have secured an exciting mix to launch on July 28.
“Future bookings include Asian buns and a vegan food provider who was a contender in the Scottish Street Food Awards, part of the recent British Street Food Annual Awards.”
- Thorntons: The UK-EU Trade and Co-operation Agreement Webinar
- Thorntons Employment Law : Are you Ready for 2021? Webinar
- Scottish Government Daily Update: Tuesday 26th January 2021
- Thorntons: Immigration Webinar: What employers need to know
- Circular Tayside: New Scottish Procurement Policy Note
- Abertay University Short Courses in Digital Business and Managing Transformational Change
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Monday 25th January 2021
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 10th February, 3-4 PM
- Johnston Carmichael experts reveal business predictions for 2021
- Trio of New Year appointments at Bell Ingram
- Scottish Government Daily Update Wednesday 20th January 2121
- Scottish Government Daily Update: Tuesday 19th January 2021
- Blackadders: Protecting Your Future in 2021: Wills and Powers of Attorney – Part 1
- Blackadders: Civil Court Update: Continued Operation of Scotland’s Civil Courts
- Blackadders: The First Minister announces tougher restrictions: what does it mean for office work?
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 19th January 2021
- Circular Tayside: Prince Charles launches 'earth charter' for businesses tackling nature and climate crises
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 18th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update Received Friday 15
- Latest Scottish Government Daily Update Received Thursday 14th January 2021
- Charity Begins at Home
- Thorntons: Employment Law Webinar - Are you Ready for 2021?
- Scottish Government Daily Update : Wednesday 13th January 2021
- Blackadders: 7th January 2021 The Law behind the Headlines: New mother wins payout of up to £9k after she was left out of Christmas party while on maternity leave’ (Mirror online, 6 January 2021))