Trucking In Down the Shore Road
Businessman John Bryden believes Perth has the appetite for a new foodie venture.
Scotland has begun to embrace the street food truck phenomenon imported from the USA.
They’ve already proved a hit in Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Now John, who operates That Bar and Loft Nightclub and leases out the award-winning Ice Factory nightclub, has welcomed a tasty entertainment initiative being served up at the Shore Road.
On Sunday, July 28, event organiser Stine Hope, of The Yard, launches laid-back “Social Sundays,” featuring a range of food trucks lured in from across Tayside and beyond to tease the taste buds.
“It’s something completely different and a bit quirky for Perth,” said John.
“There will be live music and DJs providing chill out sounds throughout the afternoon.”
The Ice Factory grounds adjacent to the undercover seating at The Yard will host different food trucks on Sundays from noon to 6pm.
“In recent years cities like Edinburgh and Glasgow have led the way in terms of top quality street food,” said Stine.
“But we are determined to catch up fast.
“There are already more than 100 food trucks operating in Scotland now and we aim to bring the best we can to Perth for locals and tourists alike to sample.
“Summer is a busy time for operators, with demand soaring from festivals and outdoor events, but we have secured an exciting mix to launch on July 28.
“Future bookings include Asian buns and a vegan food provider who was a contender in the Scottish Street Food Awards, part of the recent British Street Food Annual Awards.”
- 150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
- Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers
- SEVENTH UK WIN ON THE SPIN FOR CARBON
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business
- Business Star Awards 2019
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business