Trucking In Down the Shore Road
Businessman John Bryden believes Perth has the appetite for a new foodie venture.
Scotland has begun to embrace the street food truck phenomenon imported from the USA.
They’ve already proved a hit in Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Now John, who operates That Bar and Loft Nightclub and leases out the award-winning Ice Factory nightclub, has welcomed a tasty entertainment initiative being served up at the Shore Road.
On Sunday, July 28, event organiser Stine Hope, of The Yard, launches laid-back “Social Sundays,” featuring a range of food trucks lured in from across Tayside and beyond to tease the taste buds.
“It’s something completely different and a bit quirky for Perth,” said John.
“There will be live music and DJs providing chill out sounds throughout the afternoon.”
The Ice Factory grounds adjacent to the undercover seating at The Yard will host different food trucks on Sundays from noon to 6pm.
“In recent years cities like Edinburgh and Glasgow have led the way in terms of top quality street food,” said Stine.
“But we are determined to catch up fast.
“There are already more than 100 food trucks operating in Scotland now and we aim to bring the best we can to Perth for locals and tourists alike to sample.
“Summer is a busy time for operators, with demand soaring from festivals and outdoor events, but we have secured an exciting mix to launch on July 28.
“Future bookings include Asian buns and a vegan food provider who was a contender in the Scottish Street Food Awards, part of the recent British Street Food Annual Awards.”
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 26th October 2020
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communications Update - 23 Oct 2020
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communications Update - 22nd Oct 2020
- From Piste to Perthshire: Gleneagles launches Winter Playground Passes
- Scottish Government Daily Update 21st October
- Eight Trainees Secure Permanent Positions with Thorntons
- Tayside Mountain Rescue Funds Boosted by £10,000 Donation
- Diversifying Your Employment for an Inclusive Perth
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communications Update - 20th Oct 2020
- Alm College Virtual Open Lecture Event: Basic Income - Security in a time of Pandemic
- Thorntons Charity Wills Campaign goes virtual for 2020
- Landlord Webinar: Covid19, Where are we now and what next for landlords?
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communication Update - 19th Oct 2020
- The Glenturret, Scotland’s Oldest Working Distillery launches its new range
- Gov.Scot: COVID-19 Communications Update - 16th Oct 2020
- Gov.Scot: COVID-19 Communications Update - 15th Oct 2020
- Circular Tayside Charter
- Invitation: Perth: The most sustainable small city in Europe - what will it take?
- Scottish Government Daily Evening Update 13th October 2020
- Scottish Government: (Circular) Consultation launched on banning common single-use plastic items.
- Balhousie Care Group launches new employee benefits programme
- Thorntons: Property market boom shows no signs of stopping
- BlueSky Experiences : COVID-19 As A Catalyst for Change Webinar 30 September
- Summary of the COVID measures announced today by First Minister (updated 1804)