Thorntons Recruit Five New Solicitors
Five solicitors begin new journey with permanent positions at Thorntons Solicitors
Leading Scottish law firm Thorntons has welcomed five new solicitors in a move that signals its continuing growth and expansion.
Among the new appointments are legal directors Karen Cornwell, in Dispute Resolution and Claims and Ruth Pyatt in Wills, Trusts and Succession Planning. Both directors will be based in Thorntons’ Dundee office.
Karen said: “I am delighted to have joined Thorntons. The Dispute Resolution and Claims Team provides an interesting, varied, quality case load and I’m particularly looking forward to working alongside talented colleagues in one Scotland’s largest and most respected full-service legal and property firms.
“Whilst I will be primarily based between my home in Elie and our Dundee office, I will also have the opportunity to work out of our other offices including our locations in St Andrews, Perth, Edinburgh and Glasgow.”
Corporate Solicitor Aadil Anwar will also be based in the Dundee office, while Corporate Solicitor Sabihah Ahmed and Andrew Wallace, an Associate in the Employment team, will work primarily from Thorntons’ Edinburgh location.
Colin Graham, Chair at Thorntons, said: “We couldn’t be more pleased to welcome these five brilliant solicitors to Thorntons as we continue to grow our client list and expand our team in a number of areas of legal practice. It’s also great to note the variety of legal expertise our new directors, associates and solicitors are bringing with them.
“We look forward to introducing our new colleagues to our clients and continuing to provide our first-class service.”
For more information on Thorntons Solicitors, visit: https://www.thorntons-law.co.uk/
- Diesel prices reach record of over £1.80 a litre
- UK Global Screen Fund receives £21m extra funding for three-year extension
- Energy bills shake-up plans to avoid price shocks
- Land and Property Market Survey
- Here’s The Plan…to a realistic, affordable sustainable future
- Rental market at its ‘most competitive’ ever
- Support for fishing and coastal communities
- Public encouraged to take part in National Parks consultation
- Global Business Dinner to showcase the best of Scotland
- Travelknowhow Scotland are delighted to be able to extend their FREE consultancy support package throughout 2022/23
- It’s the people of Perth’s chance to have their say on BBC Debate Night
- New Digital Skills Academy - applications open
- Perth Festival of the Arts
- Auto Services Perth Ltd sponsor Perth Racecourse for the 2022 season
- Electric models drive second-hand car sales higher
- Morrisons rescues McColl's taking on all 16,000 staff
- Inflationary pressure poses huge risk to Scottish businesses
- Focus on tackling the cost of living in Queen's Speech
- New UK sanctions for Russia and Belarus
- UK Capital Allowance Regime - Consultation
- Additional £4 million for the Young Person’s Guarantee
- Latest FPMC funding round announced
- SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Survey Q2 2022
- Azets global SME leaders growth conference - 12th May