Thorntons launches Charity Wills Campaign virtually this September
Cash for Kids is expected to receive a five figure sum again this year from Thorntons Solicitors as the beneficiary of the firm’s Charity Wills Campaign.
Taking place across its offices in Fife, Dundee, Perth, Angus, Edinburgh and (for the first time in the campaign’s history) Glasgow, Thorntons won’t charge a fee for Wills written throughout September. Instead, the firm asks clients to make a fee equivalent donation to Cash for Kids.
Murray Etherington, Partner and Head of Wills, Trusts and Succession at Thorntons, said: “If you take part in our Charity Wills Campaign this September, you’ll not only be looking after your own future, but helping the most disadvantaged children in your area receive access to essential and life-changing funds.
“People may assume that they don’t need a Will. But if you own property, have savings, are responsible for children or other dependents, then you should put one in place. It’s also important keep any existing Wills up to date, and we have created an easy, eight step guide to lead customers throughout the process. During the campaign clients can make their Will from the comfort and safety of their homes with consultations taking place virtually.”
Now in its 25th year, Thorntons’ Charity Wills Month has raised more than half a million pounds for Cash for Kids since it launched, supporting local children and organisations within the communities Thorntons operates. In 2020, Thorntons’ first virtual campaign raised £60,000 for the charity.
The suggested donation is £200 for a single Will and £250 for a couple making Wills together. Donations will go to the Cash for Kids fund closest to where the client lives, meaning children in their local area will directly benefit from any money raised.
Victoria Hendry, Cash For Kids Radio Forth Charity Manager, said: “We are thrilled to be working with Thorntons again on their Charity Wills initiative. To say this campaign has been a success over the years would be an understatement. Through Thorntons’ innovation, commitment and hard work - along with the generosity of their clients- this campaign goes from strength to strength and supports more local children every year.
“When the pandemic hit, we wondered if Thorntons would be able to run this campaign. However, moving Charity Wills to virtual appointments worked brilliantly and we are so glad to be involved in this way again in 2021. We really are so delighted to be the beneficiary of this wonderful campaign and we cannot thank the team at Thorntons and their clients enough for their support.
“We have managed to help thousands of local children live a happier and fuller life thanks to Charity Wills month. We can’t wait to see it grow even more this year.”
- Binn Group buys out neighbouring Perth metals business
- Imaginative young Perthshire people to inspire design at flagship site
- Renowned Scottish visitor attraction joins Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels
- Deal struck for successful Perth business GS Group
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak outlines further measures to tackle the cost of living crisis
- Scotland's Charity Air Ambulance marks nine years in the air
- Stagecoach celebrates Scottish Bus Week by encouraging people to ditch their cars and try the bus
- Accounting, Administration and Business Taster Sessions at Perth College UHI
- Almost a quarter of Scottish businesses hit by more late payments as inflation rises
- Ukraine invasion could cause global food crisis, UN warns
- Low Carbon Manufacturing Challenge Fund
- Global Business Dinner
- Retail sales jump in April driven by cigarettes and alcohol
- UK and Mexico launch trade talks
- Dunfermline to become Scotland's eighth city
- Carbon backs the Bill McLaren Foundation golf day
- Fresh experience earns food award for Perthshire country estate
- Royal visitors unveil plaque at Crieff Jubilee Woodland
- Diesel prices reach record of over £1.80 a litre
- UK Global Screen Fund receives £21m extra funding for three-year extension
- Energy bills shake-up plans to avoid price shocks
- Land and Property Market Survey
- Here’s The Plan…to a realistic, affordable sustainable future
- Celebrating Celebrancy success: Andrew D Scott Celebrant wins Global Wedding Award