Thorntons Employment Law Update
EVENT ALERT - Perth Seminar, Thursday 7th March, 8am
As HR professionals and senior managers, you know only too well the importance of keeping up to date with employment laws and how they may impact on your business. Employment law is a fast moving area and it is vital that your HR and management teams understand the implications of new legislation and implement changes effectively.
This Employment Law Update will provide an overview of some of the most significant developments in 2018, and you will also hear about what is coming up in 2019. Delivered by our employment law specialists, you will leave the seminar with practical tips and advice on how to prepare for what will be another busy year in employment law.
Key topics will include:
• Important legislation proposals and potential developments to look out for.
• Court of appeal decision which overturned the EAT's ruling that claimants do not bear the initial burden of proof in discrimination claims.
• Recent cases on Discrimination, Sickness and Incapacity, Whistleblowing and Redundancy.
Who Should Attend?
• HR Professionals
• Supervisors and those with HR and people management responsibilities
• Understand key employment laws facing your business
• Be informed on the necessary steps to stay compliant
• Refresh and extend your employment law knowledge while further developing your skills.
• Have the opportunity to discuss any issues with our team
Book Your Place
These seminars will take place in Dundee, Perth, Edinburgh, Forfar and Kirkcaldy.
Dundee | Wednesday 6 March, 8:15am.
Perth | Thursday 7 March, 8am
Edinburgh | Thursday 14 March, 8:15am
Forfar | Tuesday 19 March, 8:15am
Kirkcaldy | Thursday 21 March, 8:15am
- SCC Comment ahead of 2nd Meaningful Vote
- The Enchanted Forest featured in leading guide book series
- Are Ubers drivers considered to be workers?
- GP Sustainability Loan Fund
- The importance of professional photos in Estate Agency
- Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
- Brexit Update
- STAGECOACH BOOSTS PERTHSHIRE INDEPENDENT BUSINESSES BY GETTING ON BOARD WITH MI REWARDS INITIATIVE
- There’s still time to top-up your State Pension
- Government proposals to extend legal protections for pregnant women and new mothers
- Thorntons Employment Law Update
- TEMPERATURES RISE AS BUSINESSES TACKLE THE MENOPAUSE AT WORK
- ARCHIE FOUNDATION SPRING BALL TABLES AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Record £62k sum raised for Cash for Kids
- University of Dundee to provide new Graduate Apprenticeship opportunities
- POLITICAL UNCERTAINTY AND COST PRESSURES TAKING TOLL ON SCOTTISH ECONOMY
- Scone Palace going to the dogs for a day as it launches exclusive four-legged event
- Castle Water agrees new four-year finance facilities
- ARCHIE Foundation looking for cyclists to join record-breaker Mark Beaumont on fundraising adventure
- Cupid’s arrow in the workplace By Donna Reynolds, Partner, Employment Law, Blackadders LLP
- Brexit Support
- Match funding available for businesses culture partnerships
- Binn Group provide mental health support for male-dominated workforce
- Judge me not for my convictions