Thorntons Employment Law Update
EVENT ALERT - Perth Seminar, Thursday 7th March, 8am
As HR professionals and senior managers, you know only too well the importance of keeping up to date with employment laws and how they may impact on your business. Employment law is a fast moving area and it is vital that your HR and management teams understand the implications of new legislation and implement changes effectively.
This Employment Law Update will provide an overview of some of the most significant developments in 2018, and you will also hear about what is coming up in 2019. Delivered by our employment law specialists, you will leave the seminar with practical tips and advice on how to prepare for what will be another busy year in employment law.
Key topics will include:
• Important legislation proposals and potential developments to look out for.
• Court of appeal decision which overturned the EAT's ruling that claimants do not bear the initial burden of proof in discrimination claims.
• Recent cases on Discrimination, Sickness and Incapacity, Whistleblowing and Redundancy.
Who Should Attend?
• HR Professionals
• Supervisors and those with HR and people management responsibilities
• Understand key employment laws facing your business
• Be informed on the necessary steps to stay compliant
• Refresh and extend your employment law knowledge while further developing your skills.
• Have the opportunity to discuss any issues with our team
Book Your Place
These seminars will take place in Dundee, Perth, Edinburgh, Forfar and Kirkcaldy.
Dundee | Wednesday 6 March, 8:15am.
Perth | Thursday 7 March, 8am
Edinburgh | Thursday 14 March, 8:15am
Forfar | Tuesday 19 March, 8:15am
Kirkcaldy | Thursday 21 March, 8:15am
- Cupid’s arrow in the workplace By Donna Reynolds, Partner, Employment Law, Blackadders LLP
- Brexit Support
- Match funding available for businesses culture partnerships
- Binn Group provide mental health support for male-dominated workforce
- Judge me not for my convictions
- Thorntons starts 2019 with two new partner promotions
- 5 tips for successful Christmas arrangements for separated families
- Data Protection Recap & Review
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce Responds to UK Budget
- SCOTTISH CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE SURVEY ILLUSTRATES ROBUST TRADING PERFORMANCE, BUT MANUFACTURING CONFIDENCE AND OVERALL INVESTMENT FALL AMID RISING MATERIAL COSTS AND UNCERTAIN POLITICAL ENVIRONMENT
- Miller Hendry expands and strengthens legal team in Perth and Dundee with two new recruits
- BUSINESS CONFIDENCE IN SCOTLAND DIPS
- Bootcamp for companies new to Trading Internationally - Perth
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce comment on Scotland’s GDP Figures and Inflation
- Stagecoach and St Johnstone Team Up for Discounted Match Day Travel
- SCC comment on MAC Report on International Student Migration & Labour Market Figures
- Circular Tayside - GET A FREE ASSESSMENT TO FUTURE PROOF YOUR BUSINESS
- Sleepover case could save employers millions
- Don’t miss out on Graduate Apprenticeship benefits, says Perth and Kinross Council
- Scottish Chambers Comments on Scotland’s GDP for Q1 2018
- New Live Active Leisure Membership Benefit
- Breakfast Briefing - Introducing Circular Tayside
- CHINESE AMBASSADOR TELLS SCOTTISH BUSINESS IT’S TIME FOR ACTION
- Circular Economy Survey - please help us