Thorntons Employment Law Update
EVENT ALERT - Perth Seminar, Thursday 7th March, 8am
As HR professionals and senior managers, you know only too well the importance of keeping up to date with employment laws and how they may impact on your business. Employment law is a fast moving area and it is vital that your HR and management teams understand the implications of new legislation and implement changes effectively.
This Employment Law Update will provide an overview of some of the most significant developments in 2018, and you will also hear about what is coming up in 2019. Delivered by our employment law specialists, you will leave the seminar with practical tips and advice on how to prepare for what will be another busy year in employment law.
Key topics will include:
• Important legislation proposals and potential developments to look out for.
• Court of appeal decision which overturned the EAT's ruling that claimants do not bear the initial burden of proof in discrimination claims.
• Recent cases on Discrimination, Sickness and Incapacity, Whistleblowing and Redundancy.
Who Should Attend?
• HR Professionals
• Supervisors and those with HR and people management responsibilities
• Understand key employment laws facing your business
• Be informed on the necessary steps to stay compliant
• Refresh and extend your employment law knowledge while further developing your skills.
• Have the opportunity to discuss any issues with our team
Book Your Place
These seminars will take place in Dundee, Perth, Edinburgh, Forfar and Kirkcaldy.
Dundee | Wednesday 6 March, 8:15am.
Perth | Thursday 7 March, 8am
Edinburgh | Thursday 14 March, 8:15am
Forfar | Tuesday 19 March, 8:15am
Kirkcaldy | Thursday 21 March, 8:15am
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 10th February, 3-4 PM
- Johnston Carmichael experts reveal business predictions for 2021
- Trio of New Year appointments at Bell Ingram
- Scottish Government Daily Update Wednesday 20th January 2121
- Scottish Government Daily Update: Tuesday 19th January 2021
- Blackadders: Protecting Your Future in 2021: Wills and Powers of Attorney – Part 1
- Blackadders: Civil Court Update: Continued Operation of Scotland’s Civil Courts
- Blackadders: The First Minister announces tougher restrictions: what does it mean for office work?
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 19th January 2021
- Circular Tayside: Prince Charles launches 'earth charter' for businesses tackling nature and climate crises
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 18th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update Received Friday 15
- Latest Scottish Government Daily Update Received Thursday 14th January 2021
- Charity Begins at Home
- Thorntons: Employment Law Webinar - Are you Ready for 2021?
- Scottish Government Daily Update : Wednesday 13th January 2021
- Blackadders: 7th January 2021 The Law behind the Headlines: New mother wins payout of up to £9k after she was left out of Christmas party while on maternity leave’ (Mirror online, 6 January 2021))
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Tuesday 12th January 2021
- £10m DigitalBoost Grant Now Open For Applications
- Circular Tayside: New Partnership Launches Initiative to Mobilise Natural & Cultural Heritage for Climate Action
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 11th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 8th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Thursday 7th January 2021
- Circular Tayside: Travel for All Our Tomorrows £82,640 of investment secured to develop a second stage of Regenerative Tourism experiences in the new Cateran Ecomuseum