Thorntons Employment Law Update
EVENT ALERT - Perth Seminar, Thursday 7th March, 8am
As HR professionals and senior managers, you know only too well the importance of keeping up to date with employment laws and how they may impact on your business. Employment law is a fast moving area and it is vital that your HR and management teams understand the implications of new legislation and implement changes effectively.
This Employment Law Update will provide an overview of some of the most significant developments in 2018, and you will also hear about what is coming up in 2019. Delivered by our employment law specialists, you will leave the seminar with practical tips and advice on how to prepare for what will be another busy year in employment law.
Key topics will include:
• Important legislation proposals and potential developments to look out for.
• Court of appeal decision which overturned the EAT's ruling that claimants do not bear the initial burden of proof in discrimination claims.
• Recent cases on Discrimination, Sickness and Incapacity, Whistleblowing and Redundancy.
Who Should Attend?
• HR Professionals
• Supervisors and those with HR and people management responsibilities
• Understand key employment laws facing your business
• Be informed on the necessary steps to stay compliant
• Refresh and extend your employment law knowledge while further developing your skills.
• Have the opportunity to discuss any issues with our team
Book Your Place
These seminars will take place in Dundee, Perth, Edinburgh, Forfar and Kirkcaldy.
Dundee | Wednesday 6 March, 8:15am.
Perth | Thursday 7 March, 8am
Edinburgh | Thursday 14 March, 8:15am
Forfar | Tuesday 19 March, 8:15am
Kirkcaldy | Thursday 21 March, 8:15am
- Don’t confine Powers of Attorney to the elderly – businesses need them too
- Food sustainability takes centre stage at Scottish Game Fair 2019
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Have a Power of Attorney
- Scone Palace to host "spectacular" Scottish Axe Throwing Open this weekend
- Kiltwalk 2019
- Etape Caledonia Supports Lifesaving Work Of Scotland's Charity Air Ambulance (SCAA)
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust makes record number of awards to a raft of worthy projects throughout Highland Perthshire
- Scottish business confidence rebounds in April
- Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery ‘goes public’ with its Secret Bar
- Brexit Amplifies Business Slowdown In Scottish Economy
- Enjoy a boat trip along the River Tay
- Menopause Festival to highlight the opportunities of 'third stage of life'
- Scottish Game Fair Receives "Staggering" Response from Traders
- Stagecoach East Scotland Shortlisted for Eleven Top Industry Awards
- Business Confidence dips in Scotland
- Stagecoach appoints new managing director of East Scotland bus operations
- Scone Palace opens its doors for an exciting 2019 tourist season
- Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
- The Old Manse of Blair unveils new restaurant: The Orangery
- Dunkeld House Hotel Continues Investment
- Castle Water Reveals New Brand
- Crieff Hydro Tops For Families Says Bestselling Travel Guide
- SATISFACTION AMONG STAGECOACH BUS PASSENGERS IN SCOTLAND RISES TO 92%
- The Enchanted Forest delivers £7.6million shot in the arm to Perthshire economy