Thorntons Advice for Businesses: Job Retention Scheme Update
Job Retention Scheme: An Update
Due to an unforeseen technical error, the link in the previous mailshot did not work. It has been updated in this version. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Late on 26 March 2020, the Government published further, much needed, guidance on its Job Retention Scheme through which employers can place eligible employees on furlough and claim back 80% of their wages up to a maximum of £2500 from HMRC.
The guidance brings some welcome clarifications, although a number of questions remain unanswered. The guidance confirms that the Scheme will be backdated to 1 March 2020 where employers have laid off employees from that date due to the affects of Coronavirus. It will initially be open for a period of 3 months. In terms of when employers will be able to claim, it is expected that the Scheme will be up and running by the end of April 2020.
Are business owners neglecting their personal affairs?
We hope you will be pleased to continue to receive communications from us about seminars, events and legal updates, and if this is the case you do not need to do anything. However if you decide you no longer wish to receive further communications from us you can unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Thorntons is a trading name of Thorntons Law LLP, a limited liability partnership registered in Scotland no SO300381. Registered office Whitehall House, 33 Yeaman Shore, Dundee DD1 4BJ. A list of members is available for inspection at this address. All correspondence signed by a named individual is signed for and on behalf of Thorntons Law LLP.
Thorntons Law LLP | Whitehall House | 33 Yeaman Shore | Dundee | DD1 4BJ
- Royal Bank of Scotland Re-Launches Enterprise Programme
- Rally for Growth - Party Leader Events
- Scottish Government Daily Update 13th April 2021
- Charity works – if ever you needed proof - Barnardo’s Works
- China-Britain Business Council - UK-China Consumer Week, 19th - 23rd April
- Aspen Waite reach out to the business world with dedicated radio station
- Temporary Restrictions Fund for Childcare Providers
- SMART SCOTLAND Grant – Applications Open
- Sir Tom Hunter's Economic Report - Backed by 27 Scottish Business Leaders
- Global Travel Taskforce publishes framework for restarting international travel
- Children can lose out if step-parent changes the Will
- Cyber-attacks. What can you do to protect your organisation's personal data?
- Call for Artists - Perthshire Open Studios is back for 2021
- Fairways Look to Help Boost Economy by Launching ‘Build Back Better’ Fund
- Perthshire Chamber calls for “relationship reset” as Holyrood elections approach
- Club 300 Expansion
- Spirit of Perthshire Whisky Festival
- Scottish Government Daily Update 7th April 2021
- Penny the care home dog "feeling the love" as the pennies come rolling in
- Increased Productivity in Home Working
- Change in Moving Goods to Northern Ireland
- Two Million Workers Receive Pay Rise
- Balhousie Holdings - Supreme Court Ruling
- Agricultural Leases - Amnesty Notice Deadline