Thorntons Advice for Businesses: Job Retention Scheme Update
Job Retention Scheme: An Update
Due to an unforeseen technical error, the link in the previous mailshot did not work. It has been updated in this version. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Late on 26 March 2020, the Government published further, much needed, guidance on its Job Retention Scheme through which employers can place eligible employees on furlough and claim back 80% of their wages up to a maximum of £2500 from HMRC.
The guidance brings some welcome clarifications, although a number of questions remain unanswered. The guidance confirms that the Scheme will be backdated to 1 March 2020 where employers have laid off employees from that date due to the affects of Coronavirus. It will initially be open for a period of 3 months. In terms of when employers will be able to claim, it is expected that the Scheme will be up and running by the end of April 2020.
Are business owners neglecting their personal affairs?
We hope you will be pleased to continue to receive communications from us about seminars, events and legal updates, and if this is the case you do not need to do anything. However if you decide you no longer wish to receive further communications from us you can unsubscribe at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thorntons is a trading name of Thorntons Law LLP, a limited liability partnership registered in Scotland no SO300381. Registered office Whitehall House, 33 Yeaman Shore, Dundee DD1 4BJ. A list of members is available for inspection at this address. All correspondence signed by a named individual is signed for and on behalf of Thorntons Law LLP.
Thorntons Law LLP | Whitehall House | 33 Yeaman Shore | Dundee | DD1 4BJ
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 4th December 2020
- Perth College UHI: New Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) allows SMEs to access up to £5,000 worth of training
- Perth and Kinross Countryside Trust - A Valuable Local Asset for All
- Circular Tayside : November 2020 Newsletter
- Scottish Government Daily Update Wednesday 2nd December 2020
- Circular Tayside: Check out this inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s!
- Scottish Government Daily Wednesday 2nd December 2020
- Scottish Government Daily Monday 30th December 2020
- Inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s
- Salutation Hotel Festive Lunch & Dinner Specials
- PRI Cheque Presentation in Memory of Businessman Jim Graham
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 26th Nov 2020
- Meet Artist Gerard Burns Invitation from Carbon
- Scottish Government: Daily Update Wednesday 25th November 2020
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Oh Yes We Are - Live Online Panto from Perth Theatre
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 24th November 2020
- Trauma Healing Together: The Ultimate Christmas Quiz, 19th December, 2020.
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar
- Scottish Government Daily update on COVID-19, Monday 23rd November 2020
- Y-Xplore at YMCA Tayside, with support from the Aviva Community Fund
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 20th November 2020
- AbilityNet - Who we are and What we do
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards