Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions
Further demonstrating its commitment to training and development and encouragement of internal career progression, full service law firm Thorntons has promoted 25 people across its Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perth, Fife and Angus locations.
The promotions, which take effect from Thursday 1 July 2021, include four new partners, eight legal directors, five associates and eight senior solicitors. From these 25 colleagues, 15 completed their traineeship with Thorntons, which illustrates the firm’s commitment to career development and recognises the strong grounding achieved from the trainee programme.
The four new partners are Stuart Mackie and Stephanie Pratt from Wills, Trusts and Succession, Robin Beattie in Dispute Resolution and Claims, and Steven Drake from Residential Property.
Angela Wipat and Elaine Sym in the Family Law team, Anne Miller, and Michael Kemp from Dispute Resolution and Claims, alongside Amy Jones and Kirsty Stewart in Business Law, Debbie Dewar from Land and Rural Business and Graeme Dickson from Wills, Trusts and Succession have all been promoted to Legal Director.
The five new Associates are Megan Maclean and Rachel Anderson from Wills, Trusts and Succession, and Neil McWilliam, Stephanie Gallacher and Victoria McLaren all from the Business Law team.
And finally, the eight new Senior Solicitors are Daniel McGinn, Jamie Lyons, Kirsty Waughman and Sarah Cooper from Dispute Resolution and Claims, Katie Hobkirk and Katy Williams from Business Law, and Rebecca Ellwood and Zoe Irving from Land and Rural Business.
Colin Graham, Chair at Thorntons, said: “It’s with great pride that we can announce such a large volume of promotions at this time. We are committed to the continued growth and success of the firm and celebrating the resilience and skillset of our people is part of that.
“Congratulations to each and every one of my promoted colleagues, we know that you will continue to play an integral role within the firm.”
- Carrick Management welcomes new employees through Kickstart Scheme
- Perth Autism Support - 5K MAY
- 5 Employment Law Seminars in 5 Days
- Proposed Development at West Kinfauns
- Local Business Supports Freelancers in Growing Virtual Sector
- £7Million Global Screen Fund Launched
- Government Spending Highest Since WWII
- Scottish Government Daily Update 24th April 2021
- Colombian Market and Opportunities for Scottish Business
- Family Reunions at Balhousie
- Scottish Government Toolkit - Helping Your Business Open Safely
- Blackadders - This isn’t just any trade mark infringement…
- Scottish Government Coronavirus Update Tuesday 20th April 2021
- Moving to Level 3
- Lockdown restrictions continue to be eased
- Voyager closes £874,000 crowdfunding round 35 days early due to oversubscription
- Perth City Centre Website – how to register your reopening details
- Royal Bank of Scotland Re-Launches Enterprise Programme
- Rally for Growth - Party Leader Events
- Scottish Government Daily Update 13th April 2021
- Charity works – if ever you needed proof - Barnardo’s Works
- China-Britain Business Council - UK-China Consumer Week, 19th - 23rd April
- Aspen Waite reach out to the business world with dedicated radio station
- Temporary Restrictions Fund for Childcare Providers