Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions
Further demonstrating its commitment to training and development and encouragement of internal career progression, full service law firm Thorntons has promoted 25 people across its Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perth, Fife and Angus locations.
The promotions, which take effect from Thursday 1 July 2021, include four new partners, eight legal directors, five associates and eight senior solicitors. From these 25 colleagues, 15 completed their traineeship with Thorntons, which illustrates the firm’s commitment to career development and recognises the strong grounding achieved from the trainee programme.
The four new partners are Stuart Mackie and Stephanie Pratt from Wills, Trusts and Succession, Robin Beattie in Dispute Resolution and Claims, and Steven Drake from Residential Property.
Angela Wipat and Elaine Sym in the Family Law team, Anne Miller, and Michael Kemp from Dispute Resolution and Claims, alongside Amy Jones and Kirsty Stewart in Business Law, Debbie Dewar from Land and Rural Business and Graeme Dickson from Wills, Trusts and Succession have all been promoted to Legal Director.
The five new Associates are Megan Maclean and Rachel Anderson from Wills, Trusts and Succession, and Neil McWilliam, Stephanie Gallacher and Victoria McLaren all from the Business Law team.
And finally, the eight new Senior Solicitors are Daniel McGinn, Jamie Lyons, Kirsty Waughman and Sarah Cooper from Dispute Resolution and Claims, Katie Hobkirk and Katy Williams from Business Law, and Rebecca Ellwood and Zoe Irving from Land and Rural Business.
Colin Graham, Chair at Thorntons, said: “It’s with great pride that we can announce such a large volume of promotions at this time. We are committed to the continued growth and success of the firm and celebrating the resilience and skillset of our people is part of that.
“Congratulations to each and every one of my promoted colleagues, we know that you will continue to play an integral role within the firm.”
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access
- New recruitment drive for tourism and hospitality sectors
- Visit Scotland launch summer staycation campaign
- Latest SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Results
- Archie's Appeal For Summer: Enjoy a Picnic in the Park!
- New LNER Timetable Consultation
- Lindsays: Scottish employee ownership deals set to double
- Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions
- Vaccine self-registration portal for all over 18s open
- Rules ease for weddings and funerals
- Launch of consultation on licensing order for short term lets
- Changes to Scotland’s Travel Lists
- Perth: The most sustainable small city in Europe - what will it take?
- Connecting Scotland - New Application round open