Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions
Further demonstrating its commitment to training and development and encouragement of internal career progression, full service law firm Thorntons has promoted 25 people across its Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perth, Fife and Angus locations.
The promotions, which take effect from Thursday 1 July 2021, include four new partners, eight legal directors, five associates and eight senior solicitors. From these 25 colleagues, 15 completed their traineeship with Thorntons, which illustrates the firm’s commitment to career development and recognises the strong grounding achieved from the trainee programme.
The four new partners are Stuart Mackie and Stephanie Pratt from Wills, Trusts and Succession, Robin Beattie in Dispute Resolution and Claims, and Steven Drake from Residential Property.
Angela Wipat and Elaine Sym in the Family Law team, Anne Miller, and Michael Kemp from Dispute Resolution and Claims, alongside Amy Jones and Kirsty Stewart in Business Law, Debbie Dewar from Land and Rural Business and Graeme Dickson from Wills, Trusts and Succession have all been promoted to Legal Director.
The five new Associates are Megan Maclean and Rachel Anderson from Wills, Trusts and Succession, and Neil McWilliam, Stephanie Gallacher and Victoria McLaren all from the Business Law team.
And finally, the eight new Senior Solicitors are Daniel McGinn, Jamie Lyons, Kirsty Waughman and Sarah Cooper from Dispute Resolution and Claims, Katie Hobkirk and Katy Williams from Business Law, and Rebecca Ellwood and Zoe Irving from Land and Rural Business.
Colin Graham, Chair at Thorntons, said: “It’s with great pride that we can announce such a large volume of promotions at this time. We are committed to the continued growth and success of the firm and celebrating the resilience and skillset of our people is part of that.
“Congratulations to each and every one of my promoted colleagues, we know that you will continue to play an integral role within the firm.”
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce comment on Scotland’s GDP Figures and Inflation
- Stagecoach and St Johnstone Team Up for Discounted Match Day Travel
- SCC comment on MAC Report on International Student Migration & Labour Market Figures
- Circular Tayside - GET A FREE ASSESSMENT TO FUTURE PROOF YOUR BUSINESS
- Sleepover case could save employers millions
- Don’t miss out on Graduate Apprenticeship benefits, says Perth and Kinross Council
- Scottish Chambers Comments on Scotland’s GDP for Q1 2018
- New Live Active Leisure Membership Benefit
- Breakfast Briefing - Introducing Circular Tayside
- CHINESE AMBASSADOR TELLS SCOTTISH BUSINESS IT’S TIME FOR ACTION
- Circular Economy Survey - please help us
- New support programme to help Perthshire businesses capitalise on £2.4 million worth of local circular economy opportunities
- Smiles All Round for Perthshire's Top Business
- Star Award Scene Setters
- Star Sponsors Revealed
- Business Star Finalists 2017 Announced
- Grand Day at Gleneagles for Chamber Golf Day
- Business Star Awards 2016 - The Results!
- Business finalists selected for Star billing