Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions
Further demonstrating its commitment to training and development and encouragement of internal career progression, full service law firm Thorntons has promoted 25 people across its Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perth, Fife and Angus locations.
The promotions, which take effect from Thursday 1 July 2021, include four new partners, eight legal directors, five associates and eight senior solicitors. From these 25 colleagues, 15 completed their traineeship with Thorntons, which illustrates the firm’s commitment to career development and recognises the strong grounding achieved from the trainee programme.
The four new partners are Stuart Mackie and Stephanie Pratt from Wills, Trusts and Succession, Robin Beattie in Dispute Resolution and Claims, and Steven Drake from Residential Property.
Angela Wipat and Elaine Sym in the Family Law team, Anne Miller, and Michael Kemp from Dispute Resolution and Claims, alongside Amy Jones and Kirsty Stewart in Business Law, Debbie Dewar from Land and Rural Business and Graeme Dickson from Wills, Trusts and Succession have all been promoted to Legal Director.
The five new Associates are Megan Maclean and Rachel Anderson from Wills, Trusts and Succession, and Neil McWilliam, Stephanie Gallacher and Victoria McLaren all from the Business Law team.
And finally, the eight new Senior Solicitors are Daniel McGinn, Jamie Lyons, Kirsty Waughman and Sarah Cooper from Dispute Resolution and Claims, Katie Hobkirk and Katy Williams from Business Law, and Rebecca Ellwood and Zoe Irving from Land and Rural Business.
Colin Graham, Chair at Thorntons, said: “It’s with great pride that we can announce such a large volume of promotions at this time. We are committed to the continued growth and success of the firm and celebrating the resilience and skillset of our people is part of that.
“Congratulations to each and every one of my promoted colleagues, we know that you will continue to play an integral role within the firm.”
- Forth Valley Virtual Trade Mission to Belgium
- Blackadders: Knowledge of disability is key in disability discrimination claims
- Stagecoach launches new sustainability strategy
- Thorntons launches Charity Wills Campaign virtually this September
- Loan scheme launched for Scotland's farmers and crofters
- New touring fund for live music
- Scottish Covid inquiry to start later this year
- Blackadders - To be or not to Airbnb?
- Future Looks Bright For SMEs – New SME Barometer
- Limited number of trade spaces still available at Scottish Game Fair
- DigitalBoost Development Grant – Reopened
- Charity photography competition launched on World Photography day
- Murrayshall supports Cash for Kids with inaugural ProAm golf tournament
- Fund to support food & drink producers and suppliers
- Help to Grow: Management scheme
- New programme to support growth of UK cyber sector
- Invitation to Perthshire Chamber of Commerce 2021 Golf Day!
- Are you ready for the ISDN switchoff?
- Stagecoach carries out first trials of new bridge alert technology
- Perth care homes calling for ‘Everyday Heroes’ as they run flash recruitment events
- Workplace testing rolled out to boost recovery
- ScotSpirit Holiday Voucher Scheme
- Success For New Perthshire Business With National Finalist Nomination
- Global warming will hit 1.5C by 2040, warns IPCC report