Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions
Further demonstrating its commitment to training and development and encouragement of internal career progression, full service law firm Thorntons has promoted 25 people across its Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perth, Fife and Angus locations.
The promotions, which take effect from Thursday 1 July 2021, include four new partners, eight legal directors, five associates and eight senior solicitors. From these 25 colleagues, 15 completed their traineeship with Thorntons, which illustrates the firm’s commitment to career development and recognises the strong grounding achieved from the trainee programme.
The four new partners are Stuart Mackie and Stephanie Pratt from Wills, Trusts and Succession, Robin Beattie in Dispute Resolution and Claims, and Steven Drake from Residential Property.
Angela Wipat and Elaine Sym in the Family Law team, Anne Miller, and Michael Kemp from Dispute Resolution and Claims, alongside Amy Jones and Kirsty Stewart in Business Law, Debbie Dewar from Land and Rural Business and Graeme Dickson from Wills, Trusts and Succession have all been promoted to Legal Director.
The five new Associates are Megan Maclean and Rachel Anderson from Wills, Trusts and Succession, and Neil McWilliam, Stephanie Gallacher and Victoria McLaren all from the Business Law team.
And finally, the eight new Senior Solicitors are Daniel McGinn, Jamie Lyons, Kirsty Waughman and Sarah Cooper from Dispute Resolution and Claims, Katie Hobkirk and Katy Williams from Business Law, and Rebecca Ellwood and Zoe Irving from Land and Rural Business.
Colin Graham, Chair at Thorntons, said: “It’s with great pride that we can announce such a large volume of promotions at this time. We are committed to the continued growth and success of the firm and celebrating the resilience and skillset of our people is part of that.
“Congratulations to each and every one of my promoted colleagues, we know that you will continue to play an integral role within the firm.”
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax
- Forth Valley Virtual Trade Mission to Belgium
- Blackadders: Knowledge of disability is key in disability discrimination claims
- Stagecoach launches new sustainability strategy
- Thorntons launches Charity Wills Campaign virtually this September
- Loan scheme launched for Scotland's farmers and crofters
- New touring fund for live music
- Scottish Covid inquiry to start later this year
- Blackadders - To be or not to Airbnb?
- Future Looks Bright For SMEs – New SME Barometer