The Scottish Chambers of Commerce has urged the Scottish Government to use their powers to support key transport routes and jobs.
Dr Liz Cameron, Chief Executive of the SCC, said: “The UK Government is considering the abolition of Air Passenger Duty (APD) - an outdated airport tax - as a result of the Flybe crisis. The Scottish Government is responsible for APD and promised business this would be abolished.
“We urge the Scottish Government to use their devolved power to help prevent the collapse of a key mode of transport for Scots and to save jobs. The Scottish Government needs to ensure that the landscape for Scottish companies remains competitive and that there is a level playing field.”
- Latest Scottish Government Daily Update Received Thursday 14th January 2021
- Charity Begins at Home
- Thorntons: Employment Law Webinar - Are you Ready for 2021?
- Scottish Government Daily Update : Wednesday 13th January 2021
- Blackadders: 7th January 2021 The Law behind the Headlines: New mother wins payout of up to £9k after she was left out of Christmas party while on maternity leave’ (Mirror online, 6 January 2021))
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Tuesday 12th January 2021
- £10m DigitalBoost Grant Now Open For Applications
- Circular Tayside: New Partnership Launches Initiative to Mobilise Natural & Cultural Heritage for Climate Action
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 11th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 8th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Thursday 7th January 2021
- Circular Tayside: Travel for All Our Tomorrows £82,640 of investment secured to develop a second stage of Regenerative Tourism experiences in the new Cateran Ecomuseum
- The Malting House Dundee design studio comes of age
- Circular Tayside: Take a look at this inspiring Triple A plan from the MDG group that covers sustainability and circular economy!
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Wednesday 6th January 2021
- Tippermuir Books has the pleasure of being the publisher for The Black Watch & the Great War.
- Senior promotions at Thorntons Solicitors
- SCOTTISH SMEs REMAIN COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABILITY DESPITE COVID-19
- PKC Place Management Team: FAO Independent Retailers, Restaurants and Public Facing Businesses in Perth and Kinross. 6 Jan 2021.
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 5th December 2020
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 4th January 2021
- New Restrictions Monday 4th January 2021
- Latest Received Scottish Government Daily Thursday 31st December 2020
- Scottish Government Daily Tuesday 22nd December 2020