The Queen's Green Canopy
The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
The aim of The Queen’s Green Canopy is to thank Her Majesty The Queen for her exceptional service, celebrate her Platinum Jubilee and promote the importance of trees to the environment through the encouragement of tree planting and tree preservation across the nation. It is a unique tree planting initiative created to mark Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee in 2022, by inviting people to “Plant Trees for the Jubilee”. With a focus on planting sustainably, the Queen’s Green Canopy will encourage the planting of trees to create a legacy in honour of The Queen’s leadership of the Nation, which will benefit future generations.
Everyone is encouraged to “Plant a tree for the Jubilee” – specimens, fruit trees, hedges, copses and woods. The planting season will be October 2021 to March 2022. The Woodland Trust are supplying 3 million trees for schools, youth groups and local communities and applications are now open at https://queensgreencanopy.org/get-involved/communities-and-groups/ Saplings will be posted to those who apply on a first come, first served basis. Trees are also available to purchase from The Woodland Trust, or local suppliers, and advice about planting your trees is also available online. From October, details of your Jubilee tree(s) can be uploaded, together with a photograph on to the Queen’s Green Canopy map https://queensgreencanopy.org/map-education-hub/qgc-map/#/ Official plaques to mark the occasion for generations to come will be available to order online from September.
If you require any further information or wish a representative of the Lieutenancy to attend your planting, please contact Alex Cairncross, Deputy Lieutenant for Perth and Kinross who will be happy to help - Mob: 07771 566429 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please also let Alex know of your plans, so that a record of tree planting in Perth and Kinross can be kept. Engagement with the press is also encouraged.
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax
- Forth Valley Virtual Trade Mission to Belgium
- Blackadders: Knowledge of disability is key in disability discrimination claims
- Stagecoach launches new sustainability strategy
- Thorntons launches Charity Wills Campaign virtually this September
- Loan scheme launched for Scotland's farmers and crofters
- New touring fund for live music
- Scottish Covid inquiry to start later this year
- Blackadders - To be or not to Airbnb?
- Future Looks Bright For SMEs – New SME Barometer