The importance of professional photos in Estate Agency
We have all heard the old saying: “A picture is worth a thousand words.” Well, in Estate Agency, pictures can make a huge difference in the level of interest your property receives, which can ultimately determine how quickly your property will sell.
Today’s buyers can sit in the comfort of their own home, taking their time to narrow down properties based on a number of factors such as; location, price, number of bedrooms, school catchment and more. Once a shortlist has been produced the buyer can take the time to look further into each individual property. The first few photos will dictate whether or not the buyer will continue looking at the property.
If those first few images a potential buyer looks at are poorly taken (perhaps with the agents' mobile phone) they may be immediately turned off and discard that listing from consideration - even though the house could have been the perfect one for them. Unfortunately, dark, out of focus, poorly composed images present a feeling of a house none of us wants to live in. Whereas professional images show the home in its very best light. Literally. Rooms are shot from the angles that best demonstrate the flow of the house and create a mood that allows the viewer to place themselves within the house...at least in their mind anyway.
That other old saying, “You only get one chance to make a first impression” is also very true when it comes to Estate Agency. It’s hard to get over the first impression you have of something. It’s better to have that working for you and not against you. Mobile phones are fine for selfies and Facetime, but having a professional camera in the hands of a photographer who knows how to use something other than the “Auto” setting on a phone can make all the difference when it comes to snapping your property.
That is why at Blackadders a professional photographer is used as the standard for all our properties. If you would like to speak with a member of our team to see how Blackadders could assist you with the sale of your property please contact your local branch.
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business
- ACS Flight Training appoints Bose Aviation as its official headset supplier
- On their bike for charities
- GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"
- Stone of Destiny Engagement
- LEGUS appoint Campbell Clark as Chair
- The Enchanted Forest secures spot in Lonely Planet's Ultimate UK Travel Guide
- Perthshire businesses embrace work experience programme
- Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
- GS Group unveils premier package
- Solheim Cup comes to Perthshire
- Non-traditional trade marks
- Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
- Trucking In Down the Shore Road
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels' Chairman & CEO Appointed Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant for Perth & Kinross