The importance of professional photos in Estate Agency
We have all heard the old saying: “A picture is worth a thousand words.” Well, in Estate Agency, pictures can make a huge difference in the level of interest your property receives, which can ultimately determine how quickly your property will sell.
Today’s buyers can sit in the comfort of their own home, taking their time to narrow down properties based on a number of factors such as; location, price, number of bedrooms, school catchment and more. Once a shortlist has been produced the buyer can take the time to look further into each individual property. The first few photos will dictate whether or not the buyer will continue looking at the property.
If those first few images a potential buyer looks at are poorly taken (perhaps with the agents' mobile phone) they may be immediately turned off and discard that listing from consideration - even though the house could have been the perfect one for them. Unfortunately, dark, out of focus, poorly composed images present a feeling of a house none of us wants to live in. Whereas professional images show the home in its very best light. Literally. Rooms are shot from the angles that best demonstrate the flow of the house and create a mood that allows the viewer to place themselves within the house...at least in their mind anyway.
That other old saying, “You only get one chance to make a first impression” is also very true when it comes to Estate Agency. It’s hard to get over the first impression you have of something. It’s better to have that working for you and not against you. Mobile phones are fine for selfies and Facetime, but having a professional camera in the hands of a photographer who knows how to use something other than the “Auto” setting on a phone can make all the difference when it comes to snapping your property.
That is why at Blackadders a professional photographer is used as the standard for all our properties. If you would like to speak with a member of our team to see how Blackadders could assist you with the sale of your property please contact your local branch.
- Rowan Consultancy fundraising news
- Latest VisitScotland/Business Gateway Digital Webinars
- Sustainable sleeping: Crieff Hydro introduces new eco bedding
- Catering to Celebrancy via Covid
- Guildry Want to Get Behind Local Apprenticeships
- Microsoft Office Excel: Intermediate Level Full Details and Booking
- Strategic Transport Projects Review or STPR2 - Scottish Government Recommendations
- Unlocking tax savings through capital allowances
- First Minister's update to the Scottish Parliament - 18 January 2022
- Professional sport allocated £2.55 million of COVID support
- France to relax travel rules from the UK
- Covid self-isolation in England being cut to five full days
- Scottish business leaders target USA for first in-person trade missions since pandemic began
- Google will spend £730m to 'reinvigorate' its UK offices
- UK economy above pre-Covid levels in November
- COVID 19 Business Support and Continuity Tourism Fund
- SCC: Economic recovery at risk as COVID concerns curtail business growth
- Taxi and Private Hire Driver and Operator Support Fund 2022
- Nightclub Closure Fund
- Crowd restrictions lifted for outdoor events
- ScotWind offshore auction raises £700m
- Introduction to Excel Full Details and Booking
- The DigitalBoost Development Grant has reopened
- Perth event is designed to support the recovery of tourism businesses