The Enchanted Forest secures spot in Lonely Planet's Ultimate UK Travel Guide
Scotland's premier sound and light show, The Enchanted Forest, has made it into the very first Lonely Planet Ultimate United Kingdom Travelist.
The guide is the latest compilation of unmissable experiences and hidden gems from Lonely Planet, which ranks the 500 greatest experiences across the Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands to create the definitive UK travel hit list.
The sell-out show has been captivating audiences since 2002 and attracts 80,000 visitors each year to Loch Faskally in Pitlochry throughout the month of October.
For the 2019 show entitled Cosmos, show producers have taken inspiration from the vastness and natural beauty of the skies that sit above the forest, encouraging visitors to look up and be captivated by the cosmos.
This is the second inclusion for the show in an international guidebook this year, after securing a feature in the latest edition of the award-winning travel guide, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide.
Ian Sim, Chairman of The Enchanted Forest Community Trust, said: "It's not every day you get recognition from one of the world's most prestigious travel media companies, needless to say we're incredibly proud of this feature.
"We have increasing numbers of international visitors attending the event every year and this will only serve to extend the reach of The Enchanted Forest to new visitors for years to come."
This year's Enchanted Forest will run from October 3 - November 3, 2019 and tickets are now on sale.
For more information visit www.enchantedforest.org.uk
- LEGUS appoint Campbell Clark as Chair
- The Enchanted Forest secures spot in Lonely Planet's Ultimate UK Travel Guide
- Perthshire businesses embrace work experience programme
- Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
- GS Group unveils premier package
- Solheim Cup comes to Perthshire
- Non-traditional trade marks
- Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
- Trucking In Down the Shore Road
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels' Chairman & CEO Appointed Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant for Perth & Kinross
- Stagecoach East Scotland tackles loneliness in local communities
- Balhousie Care Group takes inter-generational links to new ‘lengths’ – in the form of a unique tartan
- It's Game On as this year's Scottish Game Fair kicks off at Scone Palace
- Bank of Scotland names new head of commercial banking
- Tayside solicitor wins coveted international award
- Scottish businesses struggling to grow amidst Brexit deadlock
- New Scottish tourist route Heart 200 launches
- Crieff care home team scores a first for its dementia training
- Castle Water wins fourth multi-million-pound deal with the public sector in England
- Amanda Sword joins Balhousie Coupar Angus as new care home manager
- Stagecoach East Scotland supports 2019 Armed Forces Day with free travel
- Miller Hendry warns against not seeking advice early doors when selling a business
- Year two of the GDPR marks the end of basic compliance
- Tickets for The Enchanted Forest 2019 go on sale today for a starry spectacle this autumn