Tayside solicitor wins coveted international award
Lindsay Kirkwood, a solicitor at Tayside based solicitors and estate agents Miller Hendry, has won a coveted award in the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Worldwide Excellence Awards, which recognise the highest achievements in STEP qualifications globally.
Currently working towards her STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates (Scotland), Lindsay received the award for achieving the highest mark in her Trust and Executry Accounting paper. She is one of only 46 students internationally to receive such an award.
STEP run several qualifications for those who advise on family inheritance and succession planning, including Certificates, Advanced Certificates and Diplomas. Students need to gain a specific number of credits via examination, essays or prior experience in order to become an Affiliate Member, an Associate Member or a ‘TEP', the designation granted to a full member of STEP. Lindsay has one more exam left to take in July and will then be eligible to receive her Diploma and become a ‘TEP'.
Lindsay Kirkwood said: "I'm absolutely delighted to have achieved the STEP Advanced Certificate in Trust and Executry Accounting with the highest mark in my exam paper. I'm excited to be a step closer to obtaining my goal of achieving the Diploma and becoming a fully-fledged member of STEP."
Ernie Boath, Head of Private Client department at Miller Hendry, said: "We are tremendously proud of Lindsay. As one of only 46 students internationally to receive this accolade, it is a fantastic achievement. We wish her all the very best as she works towards achieving her Diploma and becoming an internationally recognised expert in her field."
Madeleine Jenness, STEP's Senior Manager, Professional Development, said: "Lindsay has our warmest congratulations. The Advanced Certificate in Trust and Executry Accounting is a challenging course and to obtain the highest distinction score worldwide, as Lindsay did, is a terrific achievement. We look forward to seeing such a promising student become a Full Member of STEP."
- Thorntons starts 2019 with two new partner promotions
- 5 tips for successful Christmas arrangements for separated families
- Data Protection Recap & Review
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce Responds to UK Budget
- SCOTTISH CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE SURVEY ILLUSTRATES ROBUST TRADING PERFORMANCE, BUT MANUFACTURING CONFIDENCE AND OVERALL INVESTMENT FALL AMID RISING MATERIAL COSTS AND UNCERTAIN POLITICAL ENVIRONMENT
- Miller Hendry expands and strengthens legal team in Perth and Dundee with two new recruits
- BUSINESS CONFIDENCE IN SCOTLAND DIPS
- Bootcamp for companies new to Trading Internationally - Perth
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce comment on Scotland’s GDP Figures and Inflation
- Stagecoach and St Johnstone Team Up for Discounted Match Day Travel
- SCC comment on MAC Report on International Student Migration & Labour Market Figures
- Circular Tayside - GET A FREE ASSESSMENT TO FUTURE PROOF YOUR BUSINESS
- Sleepover case could save employers millions
- Don’t miss out on Graduate Apprenticeship benefits, says Perth and Kinross Council
- Scottish Chambers Comments on Scotland’s GDP for Q1 2018
- New Live Active Leisure Membership Benefit
- Breakfast Briefing - Introducing Circular Tayside
- CHINESE AMBASSADOR TELLS SCOTTISH BUSINESS IT’S TIME FOR ACTION
- Circular Economy Survey - please help us
- New support programme to help Perthshire businesses capitalise on £2.4 million worth of local circular economy opportunities
- Smiles All Round for Perthshire's Top Business
- Star Award Scene Setters
- Star Sponsors Revealed
- Business Star Finalists 2017 Announced