Tayside solicitor wins coveted international award
Lindsay Kirkwood, a solicitor at Tayside based solicitors and estate agents Miller Hendry, has won a coveted award in the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Worldwide Excellence Awards, which recognise the highest achievements in STEP qualifications globally.
Currently working towards her STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates (Scotland), Lindsay received the award for achieving the highest mark in her Trust and Executry Accounting paper. She is one of only 46 students internationally to receive such an award.
STEP run several qualifications for those who advise on family inheritance and succession planning, including Certificates, Advanced Certificates and Diplomas. Students need to gain a specific number of credits via examination, essays or prior experience in order to become an Affiliate Member, an Associate Member or a ‘TEP', the designation granted to a full member of STEP. Lindsay has one more exam left to take in July and will then be eligible to receive her Diploma and become a ‘TEP'.
Lindsay Kirkwood said: "I'm absolutely delighted to have achieved the STEP Advanced Certificate in Trust and Executry Accounting with the highest mark in my exam paper. I'm excited to be a step closer to obtaining my goal of achieving the Diploma and becoming a fully-fledged member of STEP."
Ernie Boath, Head of Private Client department at Miller Hendry, said: "We are tremendously proud of Lindsay. As one of only 46 students internationally to receive this accolade, it is a fantastic achievement. We wish her all the very best as she works towards achieving her Diploma and becoming an internationally recognised expert in her field."
Madeleine Jenness, STEP's Senior Manager, Professional Development, said: "Lindsay has our warmest congratulations. The Advanced Certificate in Trust and Executry Accounting is a challenging course and to obtain the highest distinction score worldwide, as Lindsay did, is a terrific achievement. We look forward to seeing such a promising student become a Full Member of STEP."
- Coupar Angus residents ‘step’ back in time with new music space
- UK Gov Updated China Travel Advice
- GS Group Backing Local Talent to Drive the Business Forward
- Private parking companies and the DVLA – why it’s you that’s in the wrong in the eyes of the law.
- SCC Comment on the draft Scottish Budget for 2020 - 21
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce reacts to mixed results of Holyrood rates vote
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: everything you need to know
- SCC responds to the Prime Minister’s speech on a future trade deal with the EU
- The Scottish Chambers of Commerce has urged the Scottish Government to use their powers to support key transport routes and jobs.
- Continued growth after expansion for leading law firm Thorntons
- Tax Avoidance Schemes and Liquidation
- Personal and Corporate Insolvency Law and the differences in regimes as between Scotland and England & Wales
- Scone Palace gets into shape with a January Jog
- Buses Are Key To Making Our Communities Cleaner And Ensuring Our High Streets Thrive As Pivotal Year Begins
- 2020 starts with a bang for Employment Law
- The Enchanted Forest opens its 2020 Community Fund for applications
- Care Home resident and former St Johnstone FC scout welcomes his home team for visit
- Local charity donation of Perth Panto tickets
- Scone Palace opens doors to public to enjoy day of festive splendour
- 150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
- Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers
- SEVENTH UK WIN ON THE SPIN FOR CARBON
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation