Tayside solicitor wins coveted international award
Lindsay Kirkwood, a solicitor at Tayside based solicitors and estate agents Miller Hendry, has won a coveted award in the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Worldwide Excellence Awards, which recognise the highest achievements in STEP qualifications globally.
Currently working towards her STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates (Scotland), Lindsay received the award for achieving the highest mark in her Trust and Executry Accounting paper. She is one of only 46 students internationally to receive such an award.
STEP run several qualifications for those who advise on family inheritance and succession planning, including Certificates, Advanced Certificates and Diplomas. Students need to gain a specific number of credits via examination, essays or prior experience in order to become an Affiliate Member, an Associate Member or a ‘TEP', the designation granted to a full member of STEP. Lindsay has one more exam left to take in July and will then be eligible to receive her Diploma and become a ‘TEP'.
Lindsay Kirkwood said: "I'm absolutely delighted to have achieved the STEP Advanced Certificate in Trust and Executry Accounting with the highest mark in my exam paper. I'm excited to be a step closer to obtaining my goal of achieving the Diploma and becoming a fully-fledged member of STEP."
Ernie Boath, Head of Private Client department at Miller Hendry, said: "We are tremendously proud of Lindsay. As one of only 46 students internationally to receive this accolade, it is a fantastic achievement. We wish her all the very best as she works towards achieving her Diploma and becoming an internationally recognised expert in her field."
Madeleine Jenness, STEP's Senior Manager, Professional Development, said: "Lindsay has our warmest congratulations. The Advanced Certificate in Trust and Executry Accounting is a challenging course and to obtain the highest distinction score worldwide, as Lindsay did, is a terrific achievement. We look forward to seeing such a promising student become a Full Member of STEP."
- Don’t confine Powers of Attorney to the elderly – businesses need them too
- Food sustainability takes centre stage at Scottish Game Fair 2019
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Have a Power of Attorney
- Scone Palace to host "spectacular" Scottish Axe Throwing Open this weekend
- Kiltwalk 2019
- Etape Caledonia Supports Lifesaving Work Of Scotland's Charity Air Ambulance (SCAA)
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust makes record number of awards to a raft of worthy projects throughout Highland Perthshire
- Scottish business confidence rebounds in April
- Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery ‘goes public’ with its Secret Bar
- Brexit Amplifies Business Slowdown In Scottish Economy
- Enjoy a boat trip along the River Tay
- Menopause Festival to highlight the opportunities of 'third stage of life'
- Scottish Game Fair Receives "Staggering" Response from Traders
- Stagecoach East Scotland Shortlisted for Eleven Top Industry Awards
- Business Confidence dips in Scotland
- Stagecoach appoints new managing director of East Scotland bus operations
- Scone Palace opens its doors for an exciting 2019 tourist season
- Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
- The Old Manse of Blair unveils new restaurant: The Orangery
- Dunkeld House Hotel Continues Investment
- Castle Water Reveals New Brand
- Crieff Hydro Tops For Families Says Bestselling Travel Guide
- SATISFACTION AMONG STAGECOACH BUS PASSENGERS IN SCOTLAND RISES TO 92%
- The Enchanted Forest delivers £7.6million shot in the arm to Perthshire economy