Tayside solicitor wins coveted international award
Lindsay Kirkwood, a solicitor at Tayside based solicitors and estate agents Miller Hendry, has won a coveted award in the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Worldwide Excellence Awards, which recognise the highest achievements in STEP qualifications globally.
Currently working towards her STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates (Scotland), Lindsay received the award for achieving the highest mark in her Trust and Executry Accounting paper. She is one of only 46 students internationally to receive such an award.
STEP run several qualifications for those who advise on family inheritance and succession planning, including Certificates, Advanced Certificates and Diplomas. Students need to gain a specific number of credits via examination, essays or prior experience in order to become an Affiliate Member, an Associate Member or a ‘TEP', the designation granted to a full member of STEP. Lindsay has one more exam left to take in July and will then be eligible to receive her Diploma and become a ‘TEP'.
Lindsay Kirkwood said: "I'm absolutely delighted to have achieved the STEP Advanced Certificate in Trust and Executry Accounting with the highest mark in my exam paper. I'm excited to be a step closer to obtaining my goal of achieving the Diploma and becoming a fully-fledged member of STEP."
Ernie Boath, Head of Private Client department at Miller Hendry, said: "We are tremendously proud of Lindsay. As one of only 46 students internationally to receive this accolade, it is a fantastic achievement. We wish her all the very best as she works towards achieving her Diploma and becoming an internationally recognised expert in her field."
Madeleine Jenness, STEP's Senior Manager, Professional Development, said: "Lindsay has our warmest congratulations. The Advanced Certificate in Trust and Executry Accounting is a challenging course and to obtain the highest distinction score worldwide, as Lindsay did, is a terrific achievement. We look forward to seeing such a promising student become a Full Member of STEP."
- UK Government: Businesses to save up to £300 million Annually thanks to Climate Change Agreement Scheme Extension, 16 April 2020
- Preparing a Will for Yourself is a Potential DIY Disaster
- TV presenter Ade Adepitan and singer Elle Exxe send a special message to Arbroath care home
- Travelknowhow Scotland: Working From Home
- "Why it's OK to keep building your brand in a crisis - and how to do it"
- Social Enterprise Scotland: #GoodNewsScot – 11am to 12pm weekdays
- Crieff care home residents receive heartwarming message from Dumfries schoolgirl as she maintains intergenerational links during Coronavirus Crisis
- Resource Efficient Scotland re-branded to Energy Efficiency Business Support Service
- How To Keep Your Zoom Meetings Safe
- Wave FM Community Hub
- The kindness of local businesses lift spirits of care home teams across Balhousie Care Group
- “Circular economy development goes digital"
- New measures introduced for Right to Work checks – including video calls and accepting scanned documents Insight from Gurjit Pall, Immigration law specialist at Thorntons
- How the DVLA deployed a chatbot and improved customer engagement. 3 April 2020
- Balhousie Care Group develops staff app in record time as it ramps up communication in wake of Coronavirus
- Pup-tastic News for the Enchanted Forest Community Trust
- Thorntons Legal Updates - Coronavirus Latest Articles
- D C Thomson Media - Your Guide to Working From Home like a pro!
- Coronavirus: Army of Tayside and Fife volunteers emerges as thousands rally to help neighbours
- Balhousie Care Group provides food for homeless and vulnerable as it backs Social Bite’s latest charity drive
- March sees sharp fall in Scottish Business Confidence
- Thorntons Advice for Businesses: Job Retention Scheme Update
- Circular Tayside - Free Zero Waste Webiner
- Business Resilience, Insurance and Claims Advice