Support for Self Employed
Support for the Self-Employed
On 26 March the Chancellor announced his plan to help self-employed individuals who are at risk of losing their livelihoods due to the Coronavirus.
There is already a job retention scheme in place for the UK’s 28 million employees, as well as a number of schemes to support businesses. The government has been pressured to introduce similar measures to protect the 5 million self-employed in the UK.
The new self-employed income support scheme is targeted at those on lower incomes who have faced a large fall in demand for their services due to government ordered closures and social distancing. It is expected that it will help about 95% of self-employed individuals in the UK.
Whilst further information and details of the scheme are yet to be shared by HMRC, we have set out a summary of the initial guidance and answered some key questions below.
Key Questions Answered
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access
- New recruitment drive for tourism and hospitality sectors
- Visit Scotland launch summer staycation campaign
- Latest SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Results
- Archie's Appeal For Summer: Enjoy a Picnic in the Park!
- New LNER Timetable Consultation
- Lindsays: Scottish employee ownership deals set to double
- Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions