Stagecoach takes major step towards the opening of new Perth customer contact centre as Scottish customers start to use the new service
- Demonstration of continued commitment to customers and communities served
- Scottish pilot begins this week in Perth with full opening planned for May
- Improved seven-day a week service with extended opening hours
The full launch of Stagecoach’s new customer contact centre is now moving even closer, as the centre opens for business this week for all customers in Scotland. Phase one of the roll out will see customers from Stagecoach’s four Scottish companies able to use the dedicated contact centre for help with queries about timetables, tickets, lost property amongst many other things.
Following the phase one pilot with customers in Scotland, Stagecoach then plans to open the new centre fully in May, when customers from right across the UK will be able to use the new one-stop phone and digital contact point. The new multi-skilled team of over 60 new customer service advisors and team leaders will operate an improved seven-day a week service from the launch of the new centre and will move to fully extended opening hours on weekdays and weekends within the year to align better with how people travel.
Customers can still contact Stagecoach in the usual way via Twitter, Facebook or email and a dedicated advisor will be on hand to support their enquiry. In addition, from this week, customers in Scotland can now call 0345 241 8000 and speak to someone in the new customer contact centre.
There will be one easy point of contact that customers can use to speak to a member of the Stagecoach team on any queries they have, including questions about timetables, feedback on services, help with smartcards and lost property.
Major investment is being made in a new customer relationship management system to help provide tailored support, better understand customers’ end-to-end journeys, and quickly address any emerging common issues.
Carla Stockton-Jones, UK Managing Director for Stagecoach, said: “This is a clear demonstration of our commitment to providing the best possible service to customers in our drive to a cleaner, greener country.
“This is an exciting and major step forward in our plans and from this week, our new customer service team will start to serve our Scottish customers. We will then be using this experience to prepare for the full launch of the new centre in May for customers from right across the country.
“There is a huge opportunity to attract people to more sustainable public transport in the years ahead as national governments look to move to net zero. Delivering the best experience to every single customer is central to helping people make the switch away from cars to public transport.”
- Graham + Sibbald Open Dunfermline Office
- Why Should Companies Make the Move to Electric Cars?
- Something for Everyone at Blair Horse Trials 2022
- Blackadders LLP Employment Law Team Shortlisted for the Scottish Legal Awards
- Scotland’s Onshore GDP Decreased by 0.5% in April
- Energy Bill and Tax Rebate Scams on the Rise
- Steel import tariffs extended for two years
- MSPs Back Making Emergency Covid Powers Permanent
- Inflation pushes UK government interest costs to May record
- Second 24-hour rail walkout after talks collapse
- British Airways Heathrow staff back summer strikes over pay
- People cut back on food shopping as price rises bite
- New £2m fund to cut environmental impact of textiles
- New £200 million to back innovative agriculture projects
- Landlord warning over making Covid eviction laws permanent
- G7 Leaders detail $600bn plan to rival China's Belt and Road initiative
- Independent report into funding for tax and welfare devolution
- Scottish councils given powers to run own bus services
- Royal Mail workers to vote on strike over pay
- Scottish film industry projected to grow to £1 billion by 2030
- Scottish Government announces £10m investment in net-zero energy
- 19 October 2023 proposed as date for second Scottish Independence Referendum
- Great Perthshire Festival 2022
- Courier Awards