Stagecoach East Scotland tackles loneliness in local communities
Stagecoach East Scotland joined forces with Greener Journeys this week to promote the benefits of using the bus and to help tackle loneliness in local communities as part of Catch the Bus Week.
The annual campaign, which took place from 1-7 July, aimed to drive awareness of the benefits of taking the bus with a focus on the theme of loneliness and how bus travel can help people stay connected.
Special badges with the positive message ‘Talk to Me’ were given to drivers and travel shop staff to show that the bus is a safe environment for social interaction and encourage conversation when customers get on and off the bus or visit a travel shop.
Douglas Robertson, Managing Director, Stagecoach East Scotland, said: “Recent surveys show that a third of people in the UK deliberately catch the bus to have some human contact. Loneliness is particularly widespread among older people, who also make up a large percentage of bus users.
“We hope that by highlighting how approachable and friendly our staff are, it encouraged people to talk to our drivers and other passengers on the bus. If we improved one person’s day, it was worthwhile.”
Though the campaign initially ran for Catch the Bus Week, staff are encouraged to keep wearing the badges should they choose to.
For more information about Stagecoach bus services visit www.stagecoachbus.com
- SCC comment on MAC Report on International Student Migration & Labour Market Figures
- Circular Tayside - GET A FREE ASSESSMENT TO FUTURE PROOF YOUR BUSINESS
- Sleepover case could save employers millions
- Don’t miss out on Graduate Apprenticeship benefits, says Perth and Kinross Council
- Scottish Chambers Comments on Scotland’s GDP for Q1 2018
- New Live Active Leisure Membership Benefit
- Breakfast Briefing - Introducing Circular Tayside
- CHINESE AMBASSADOR TELLS SCOTTISH BUSINESS IT’S TIME FOR ACTION
- Circular Economy Survey - please help us
- New support programme to help Perthshire businesses capitalise on £2.4 million worth of local circular economy opportunities
- Smiles All Round for Perthshire's Top Business
- Star Award Scene Setters
- Star Sponsors Revealed
- Business Star Finalists 2017 Announced
- Grand Day at Gleneagles for Chamber Golf Day
- Business Star Awards 2016 - The Results!
- Business finalists selected for Star billing