Stagecoach East Scotland tackles loneliness in local communities
Stagecoach East Scotland joined forces with Greener Journeys this week to promote the benefits of using the bus and to help tackle loneliness in local communities as part of Catch the Bus Week.
The annual campaign, which took place from 1-7 July, aimed to drive awareness of the benefits of taking the bus with a focus on the theme of loneliness and how bus travel can help people stay connected.
Special badges with the positive message ‘Talk to Me’ were given to drivers and travel shop staff to show that the bus is a safe environment for social interaction and encourage conversation when customers get on and off the bus or visit a travel shop.
Douglas Robertson, Managing Director, Stagecoach East Scotland, said: “Recent surveys show that a third of people in the UK deliberately catch the bus to have some human contact. Loneliness is particularly widespread among older people, who also make up a large percentage of bus users.
“We hope that by highlighting how approachable and friendly our staff are, it encouraged people to talk to our drivers and other passengers on the bus. If we improved one person’s day, it was worthwhile.”
Though the campaign initially ran for Catch the Bus Week, staff are encouraged to keep wearing the badges should they choose to.
For more information about Stagecoach bus services visit www.stagecoachbus.com
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business
- ACS Flight Training appoints Bose Aviation as its official headset supplier
- On their bike for charities
- GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"
- Stone of Destiny Engagement
- LEGUS appoint Campbell Clark as Chair
- The Enchanted Forest secures spot in Lonely Planet's Ultimate UK Travel Guide
- Perthshire businesses embrace work experience programme
- Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
- GS Group unveils premier package
- Solheim Cup comes to Perthshire
- Non-traditional trade marks
- Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
- Trucking In Down the Shore Road
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels' Chairman & CEO Appointed Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant for Perth & Kinross