Stagecoach East Scotland tackles loneliness in local communities
Stagecoach East Scotland joined forces with Greener Journeys this week to promote the benefits of using the bus and to help tackle loneliness in local communities as part of Catch the Bus Week.
The annual campaign, which took place from 1-7 July, aimed to drive awareness of the benefits of taking the bus with a focus on the theme of loneliness and how bus travel can help people stay connected.
Special badges with the positive message ‘Talk to Me’ were given to drivers and travel shop staff to show that the bus is a safe environment for social interaction and encourage conversation when customers get on and off the bus or visit a travel shop.
Douglas Robertson, Managing Director, Stagecoach East Scotland, said: “Recent surveys show that a third of people in the UK deliberately catch the bus to have some human contact. Loneliness is particularly widespread among older people, who also make up a large percentage of bus users.
“We hope that by highlighting how approachable and friendly our staff are, it encouraged people to talk to our drivers and other passengers on the bus. If we improved one person’s day, it was worthwhile.”
Though the campaign initially ran for Catch the Bus Week, staff are encouraged to keep wearing the badges should they choose to.
For more information about Stagecoach bus services visit www.stagecoachbus.com
- Thorntons Employment Law Update
- TEMPERATURES RISE AS BUSINESSES TACKLE THE MENOPAUSE AT WORK
- ARCHIE FOUNDATION SPRING BALL TABLES AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Record £62k sum raised for Cash for Kids
- University of Dundee to provide new Graduate Apprenticeship opportunities
- POLITICAL UNCERTAINTY AND COST PRESSURES TAKING TOLL ON SCOTTISH ECONOMY
- Scone Palace going to the dogs for a day as it launches exclusive four-legged event
- Castle Water agrees new four-year finance facilities
- ARCHIE Foundation looking for cyclists to join record-breaker Mark Beaumont on fundraising adventure
- Cupid’s arrow in the workplace By Donna Reynolds, Partner, Employment Law, Blackadders LLP
- Brexit Support
- Match funding available for businesses culture partnerships
- Binn Group provide mental health support for male-dominated workforce
- Judge me not for my convictions
- Thorntons starts 2019 with two new partner promotions
- 5 tips for successful Christmas arrangements for separated families
- Data Protection Recap & Review
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce Responds to UK Budget
- SCOTTISH CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE SURVEY ILLUSTRATES ROBUST TRADING PERFORMANCE, BUT MANUFACTURING CONFIDENCE AND OVERALL INVESTMENT FALL AMID RISING MATERIAL COSTS AND UNCERTAIN POLITICAL ENVIRONMENT
- Miller Hendry expands and strengthens legal team in Perth and Dundee with two new recruits
- BUSINESS CONFIDENCE IN SCOTLAND DIPS
- Bootcamp for companies new to Trading Internationally - Perth
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce comment on Scotland’s GDP Figures and Inflation
- Stagecoach and St Johnstone Team Up for Discounted Match Day Travel