Stagecoach East Scotland tackles loneliness in local communities
Stagecoach East Scotland joined forces with Greener Journeys this week to promote the benefits of using the bus and to help tackle loneliness in local communities as part of Catch the Bus Week.
The annual campaign, which took place from 1-7 July, aimed to drive awareness of the benefits of taking the bus with a focus on the theme of loneliness and how bus travel can help people stay connected.
Special badges with the positive message ‘Talk to Me’ were given to drivers and travel shop staff to show that the bus is a safe environment for social interaction and encourage conversation when customers get on and off the bus or visit a travel shop.
Douglas Robertson, Managing Director, Stagecoach East Scotland, said: “Recent surveys show that a third of people in the UK deliberately catch the bus to have some human contact. Loneliness is particularly widespread among older people, who also make up a large percentage of bus users.
“We hope that by highlighting how approachable and friendly our staff are, it encouraged people to talk to our drivers and other passengers on the bus. If we improved one person’s day, it was worthwhile.”
Though the campaign initially ran for Catch the Bus Week, staff are encouraged to keep wearing the badges should they choose to.
For more information about Stagecoach bus services visit www.stagecoachbus.com
- Continued growth after expansion for leading law firm Thorntons
- Tax Avoidance Schemes and Liquidation
- Personal and Corporate Insolvency Law and the differences in regimes as between Scotland and England & Wales
- Scone Palace gets into shape with a January Jog
- Buses Are Key To Making Our Communities Cleaner And Ensuring Our High Streets Thrive As Pivotal Year Begins
- 2020 starts with a bang for Employment Law
- The Enchanted Forest opens its 2020 Community Fund for applications
- Care Home resident and former St Johnstone FC scout welcomes his home team for visit
- Local charity donation of Perth Panto tickets
- Scone Palace opens doors to public to enjoy day of festive splendour
- 150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
- Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers
- SEVENTH UK WIN ON THE SPIN FOR CARBON
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business
- Business Star Awards 2019