Stagecoach East Scotland tackles loneliness in local communities
Stagecoach East Scotland joined forces with Greener Journeys this week to promote the benefits of using the bus and to help tackle loneliness in local communities as part of Catch the Bus Week.
The annual campaign, which took place from 1-7 July, aimed to drive awareness of the benefits of taking the bus with a focus on the theme of loneliness and how bus travel can help people stay connected.
Special badges with the positive message ‘Talk to Me’ were given to drivers and travel shop staff to show that the bus is a safe environment for social interaction and encourage conversation when customers get on and off the bus or visit a travel shop.
Douglas Robertson, Managing Director, Stagecoach East Scotland, said: “Recent surveys show that a third of people in the UK deliberately catch the bus to have some human contact. Loneliness is particularly widespread among older people, who also make up a large percentage of bus users.
“We hope that by highlighting how approachable and friendly our staff are, it encouraged people to talk to our drivers and other passengers on the bus. If we improved one person’s day, it was worthwhile.”
Though the campaign initially ran for Catch the Bus Week, staff are encouraged to keep wearing the badges should they choose to.
For more information about Stagecoach bus services visit www.stagecoachbus.com
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers - Part 6
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers - Part 5
- Employment Changes April 2020
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers - Part 4
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers – Part 2
- • Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers – Part 1
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers – Part 3
- Covid-19 Market Update 16th March 2020
- Remote Working : Covid-19 / Corona Virus
- Chamber Network Update - Coronavirus
- Absent staff showing Coronavirus symptoms should be paid full wage’ urges Scots employment lawyer
- Scone Palace & Estates appoints a new Chief Executive
- PCC: International Trade Survey 2020 Q1
- Take the Quarterly Economic Indicator!
- Aberdein Considine strengthens Tayside Private Client team with Partner appointment
- Coupar Angus residents ‘step’ back in time with new music space
- UK Gov Updated China Travel Advice
- GS Group Backing Local Talent to Drive the Business Forward
- Private parking companies and the DVLA – why it’s you that’s in the wrong in the eyes of the law.
- SCC Comment on the draft Scottish Budget for 2020 - 21
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce reacts to mixed results of Holyrood rates vote
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: everything you need to know
- SCC responds to the Prime Minister’s speech on a future trade deal with the EU
- The Scottish Chambers of Commerce has urged the Scottish Government to use their powers to support key transport routes and jobs.