Stagecoach East Scotland supports 2019 Armed Forces Day with free travel
- Stagecoach UK Bus companies offering free bus travel to armed forces personnel
- Free travel supports events happening in local communities
- Activity supports ongoing the work of Stagecoach Group to support the armed forces community
Stagecoach bus companies across the UK including Stagecoach East Scotland are helping to support Armed Forces Day 2019.
Armed Forces Day – on Saturday 29 June - is a chance for the public to show support for the men and women who make up the Armed Forces community: from currently serving troops to Service families, veterans and cadets.
Stagecoach regional bus companies across the UK are offering free travel, in advance and on the day itself, to armed forces personnel wearing their uniform, carrying a military ID card and in some cases to veterans carrying a veteran’s badge.
With events planned across the country, it is hoped that personnel will take up the offer to travel across their local regions to the event of their choice.
Chief Operations Officer for Stagecoach, Mark Threapleton said: “We are sending a clear and proud message to armed forces communities across the country that we appreciate them and are grateful for everything they do. We hope that personnel choosing to travel to a local event will have an enjoyable day and we are delighted to show our appreciation for their commitment to our country.”
In 2015, Stagecoach Group signed the Ministry of Defence’s Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in support of the Armed Forces Community. As a signatory of the Covenant, the company recognises the value serving personnel; regular and reservists, veterans and military families contribute to both the country and businesses across the country.
The company was also awarded the silver award through the Ministry of Defence’s Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS). The scheme encourages employers to support defence and inspire others to do the same. The scheme encompasses bronze, silver and gold awards for employer organisations that pledge, demonstrate or advocate support to defence and the armed forces community, and align their values with the Armed Forces Covenant. For further information on Stagecoach UK Bus visit www.stagecoachbus.com
For more information about Stagecoach bus services visit www.stagecoachbus.com
- Stagecoach East Scotland tackles loneliness in local communities
- Balhousie Care Group takes inter-generational links to new ‘lengths’ – in the form of a unique tartan
- It's Game On as this year's Scottish Game Fair kicks off at Scone Palace
- Bank of Scotland names new head of commercial banking
- Tayside solicitor wins coveted international award
- Scottish businesses struggling to grow amidst Brexit deadlock
- New Scottish tourist route Heart 200 launches
- Crieff care home team scores a first for its dementia training
- Castle Water wins fourth multi-million-pound deal with the public sector in England
- Amanda Sword joins Balhousie Coupar Angus as new care home manager
- Stagecoach East Scotland supports 2019 Armed Forces Day with free travel
- Miller Hendry warns against not seeking advice early doors when selling a business
- Year two of the GDPR marks the end of basic compliance
- Tickets for The Enchanted Forest 2019 go on sale today for a starry spectacle this autumn
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust announces 2019 charity partners
- Relocation: A potential financial disaster
- Power of attorney - planning our affairs
- New Scottish tourist route Heart 200 launch date confirmed
- Packed programme announced for 31st Scottish Game Fair
- Lifetime allowance tax could trap more than a million pension savers
- Confidence among Scottish businesses dips
- GDPR Doomsday – A Year On
- Double appointment for Thorntons land and rural business team
- PBN new committee unveils exciting programme of speakers