STAGECOACH BOOSTS PERTHSHIRE INDEPENDENT BUSINESSES BY GETTING ON BOARD WITH MI REWARDS INITIATIVE
Bus operator Stagecoach is backing independent businesses in Perth by signing up to the local Mi Rewards loyalty scheme, giving passengers the chance to benefit from shopping local and travelling by bus.
Mi Rewards, the UK’s first card-linked loyalty programme launched in Perth in September 2018 by Miconex - a company founded and based in Perth. It takes an innovative approach to rewards schemes by eliminating the need for a special loyalty card. Registered users link their existing debit or credit cards to the service and receive one ‘Mi Point’ each time they spend £1.
In addition to this, Mi Rewards customers also receive perks, event tickets and random acts of kindness just for being part of the scheme.
The scheme promotes the use of local businesses in Perth and there are now more than 70 shops, cafes, restaurants, salons and venues participating in the scheme in and around the city.
Connecting the community with so many of these local businesses, bus company Stagecoach have now joined the scheme, allowing existing bus users to collect Mi Rewards points for travelling by bus.The development will see the people of Perth and Kinross rewarded for travelling and shopping locally at the huge number of retailers across the city.
Stagecoach have also confirmed a double points reward for the launch, which will last from the official launch date of 13 February until Sunday 24 February 2019.This means that Stagecoach customers buying bus tickets using their credit/debit card linked to the Mi Rewards scheme can receive 2 points per £1 spent, helping to build up their rewards to be spent in Perth.
From December last year, Stagecoach customers can use contactless bank cards to pay for their bus travel, therefore those enrolled in the Mi Rewards scheme can pick up Mi Points whether they buy their bus tickets online at stagecoachbus.com, via the Stagecoach Bus app, or by using their contactless card when paying the driver on the bus.
Jon Oakey, Acting Managing Director, Stagecoach East Scotland said: "We’re delighted to be able support local independent businesses and high streets across Perth by backing the Mi Rewards initiative.
"The City of Perth and the great communities in towns and villages across the region have so much to offer residents and visitors alike, from high quality independent shops and suppliers, a great location and connectivity in the heart of Scotland, as well as fantastic culture and quality of life.
"We hope new and existing bus users will take advantage of our double points offer available during this half term holiday when they are out and about, using local retailers and services and making the most of everything Perth and the wider region has to offer.”
Stagecoach operate bus and coach services across Perth and beyond, linking rural towns and villages with the city, providing vital connections between businesses and customers in order to make Perth more accessible.
Colin Munro, Miconex’s Managing Director said: "Perth is the first city in the UK to be able to say that we are rewarding people for shopping locally. We are delighted that we can now extend this to include Stagecoach bus travel, it’s great to have the support of such an iconic Perth business. So now you can feel rewarded as you get the bus into Perth; when you go to the cinema or to see a show; when you go for a swim or get your haircut; when you go out for dinner or shop at one of Perth’s great indie businesses!"
For further information or to join the Mi Rewards loyalty scheme, visit mi-cnx.com.
Councillor Angus Forbes, Convener of Perth & Kinross Council’s Environment & Infrastructure Committee said: "We are absolutely delighted that Stagecoach has joined the Mi Rewards programme. The key benefit for local residents is that it’s so easy to get involved. They simply need to setup a Mi Rewards account and link their existing debit/credit cards then when they use a linked card to pay on a Stagecoach bus they will automatically start earning Mi Rewards Points which can then be converted into money to spend back in Perth. No need for another loyalty card or even a smartphone app."
- Thorntons starts 2019 with two new partner promotions
- 5 tips for successful Christmas arrangements for separated families
- Data Protection Recap & Review
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce Responds to UK Budget
- SCOTTISH CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE SURVEY ILLUSTRATES ROBUST TRADING PERFORMANCE, BUT MANUFACTURING CONFIDENCE AND OVERALL INVESTMENT FALL AMID RISING MATERIAL COSTS AND UNCERTAIN POLITICAL ENVIRONMENT
- Miller Hendry expands and strengthens legal team in Perth and Dundee with two new recruits
- BUSINESS CONFIDENCE IN SCOTLAND DIPS
- Bootcamp for companies new to Trading Internationally - Perth
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce comment on Scotland’s GDP Figures and Inflation
- Stagecoach and St Johnstone Team Up for Discounted Match Day Travel
- SCC comment on MAC Report on International Student Migration & Labour Market Figures
- Circular Tayside - GET A FREE ASSESSMENT TO FUTURE PROOF YOUR BUSINESS
- Sleepover case could save employers millions
- Don’t miss out on Graduate Apprenticeship benefits, says Perth and Kinross Council
- Scottish Chambers Comments on Scotland’s GDP for Q1 2018
- New Live Active Leisure Membership Benefit
- Breakfast Briefing - Introducing Circular Tayside
- CHINESE AMBASSADOR TELLS SCOTTISH BUSINESS IT’S TIME FOR ACTION
- Circular Economy Survey - please help us
- New support programme to help Perthshire businesses capitalise on £2.4 million worth of local circular economy opportunities
- Smiles All Round for Perthshire's Top Business
- Star Award Scene Setters
- Star Sponsors Revealed
- Business Star Finalists 2017 Announced