Stagecoach appoints new managing director of East Scotland bus operations
Stagecoach has announced a new managing director for its bus operations in east Scotland.
The transport company confirmed that current Stagecoach East Scotland Commercial Director Douglas Robertson will take on the role from 1 April. The appointment follows the sad death of former East Scotland Managing Director Paul Thomas last year.
Douglas Robertson has more than 20 years’ experience within the bus industry, having started his career as with Stagecoach Bluebird in 1998 where he carried out a variety of roles, including planning manager. He then held management positions at a number of different organisations within the industry including First Edinburgh, Stagecoach Fife, Falkirk Council and Preston Bus before joining Transdev Blazefield in 2009.
After taking on the roles of Business Director and Commercial Director at Transdev Blazefield he returned to Stagecoach in 2015 as Commercial Director with Stagecoach East Scotland.
Stagecoach East Scotland carries around 32million passengers, covering 28million miles each year and employs around 1300 staff.
Stagecoach UK Bus Managing Director for Scotland, Robert Andrew, said: “I’d like to congratulate Douglas on his appointment. Having been part of the East Scotland team for the past four years, he has a vast knowledge of the business, the people and the network which will be of great benefit in his new role. I’d also like to thank Jon Oakey for his work as Interim Managing Director. Jon will now return to his position as Financial Director, Scotland.
“Stagecoach East Scotland already has the highest passenger satisfaction of any operator in Scotland and I look forward to working with Douglas and his wider team to build on the great work that has been done so far and deliver even better bus services for local people.”
Douglas Robertson added: “I’m delighted to be taking on the role of Managing Director at a company I know so well and leading a team I thoroughly enjoy working with. East Scotland is a great place to live and work and has a very good bus network. I look forward to working with our partners to deliver further improvements for our customers in the future.”
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business
- ACS Flight Training appoints Bose Aviation as its official headset supplier
- On their bike for charities
- GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"
- Stone of Destiny Engagement
- LEGUS appoint Campbell Clark as Chair
- The Enchanted Forest secures spot in Lonely Planet's Ultimate UK Travel Guide
- Perthshire businesses embrace work experience programme
- Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
- GS Group unveils premier package
- Solheim Cup comes to Perthshire
- Non-traditional trade marks
- Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
- Trucking In Down the Shore Road
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels' Chairman & CEO Appointed Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant for Perth & Kinross