Stagecoach appoints new managing director of East Scotland bus operations
Stagecoach has announced a new managing director for its bus operations in east Scotland.
The transport company confirmed that current Stagecoach East Scotland Commercial Director Douglas Robertson will take on the role from 1 April. The appointment follows the sad death of former East Scotland Managing Director Paul Thomas last year.
Douglas Robertson has more than 20 years’ experience within the bus industry, having started his career as with Stagecoach Bluebird in 1998 where he carried out a variety of roles, including planning manager. He then held management positions at a number of different organisations within the industry including First Edinburgh, Stagecoach Fife, Falkirk Council and Preston Bus before joining Transdev Blazefield in 2009.
After taking on the roles of Business Director and Commercial Director at Transdev Blazefield he returned to Stagecoach in 2015 as Commercial Director with Stagecoach East Scotland.
Stagecoach East Scotland carries around 32million passengers, covering 28million miles each year and employs around 1300 staff.
Stagecoach UK Bus Managing Director for Scotland, Robert Andrew, said: “I’d like to congratulate Douglas on his appointment. Having been part of the East Scotland team for the past four years, he has a vast knowledge of the business, the people and the network which will be of great benefit in his new role. I’d also like to thank Jon Oakey for his work as Interim Managing Director. Jon will now return to his position as Financial Director, Scotland.
“Stagecoach East Scotland already has the highest passenger satisfaction of any operator in Scotland and I look forward to working with Douglas and his wider team to build on the great work that has been done so far and deliver even better bus services for local people.”
Douglas Robertson added: “I’m delighted to be taking on the role of Managing Director at a company I know so well and leading a team I thoroughly enjoy working with. East Scotland is a great place to live and work and has a very good bus network. I look forward to working with our partners to deliver further improvements for our customers in the future.”
- Sustainable Innovation Fund Round 2 is now open!
- Balhousie Care Group begins phased re-opening of homes to garden visits for loved ones
- Stagecoach East Scotland Shortlisted for Top Industry Awards
- Gleneagles to Welcome Guests from 15 July, 2020
- Zero Waste Scotland launches food redistribution matchmaking service
- Meet George, 98 Years Young and Still Learning
- Balhousie Care Group is #GladtoCare as national awareness week “shines a light on the care industry’s incredible work”
- Covid-19 Business Recovery: "Green Investment is the way to go" wrap-up
- Circular Tayside: Chat with Kevin Frediani, Dundee University Botanic Garden
- REMAKE in Crieff gets £57k funding to support local community
- Circular Tayside - Second Ambassador Meeting
- A new chapter for Balhousie North Inch Grove as it introduces two new managers
- Zero Waste Scotland Event - Sustainable Renovation in Practice - 22 July 2020
- Thorntons Estate Agency gears up for viewings as waiting list grows
- D C Thomson Media launches Back to Business
- Covid-19 business recovery: Green investment is the way to go by Circular Tayside
- 'Artist-in-Resident' Gordon brings his creativity to Perthshire Care Home
- Balhousie Care Group Buries Time Capsule for Future Generations to Learn About People's Experiences During Coronavirus Crisis
- Upskill with short, no cost course on Digital Marketing
- “Chat with Circular Tayside” with John Ross, Kinross Wooden Products
- Scottish Government: £20k-£80k "Designing Sustainable Plastic Solutions" Funding Competition
- Balhousie Care Group Introduce Thermal Imaging Cameras to Reduce Spread of COVID-19
- New "Chat with Circular Tayside" Series
- Perth and Kinross Residents Invited to Travel the World with Live Active Leisure