Stagecoach announces free travel for veterans and military personnel across the UK on Remembrance Day and Remembrance Sunday
- Free travel for military and ex-military personnel on 11thand 14th November
- Commitment will continue annually
- New employee led Veterans Network key to Stagecoach commitment
Stagecoach has confirmed its ongoing commitment to the armed forces by announcing that it will be offering free travel for veterans and military personnel on its bus and tram services right across the UK on Remembrance Day and Remembrance Sunday.
The commitment to free travel, which will be ongoing every year, comes on the back of Stagecoach’s newly launched employee led Veterans Network. The network was launched to allow Stagecoach colleagues to come together as one voice to make change, raise awareness, help influence business decisions and introduce new ways of working to make the company even stronger. The Veteran Network is also currently engaging with the armed forces on a recruitment campaign directly targeting those who are leaving the military to find job opportunities at Stagecoach.
As a cause that is close to the hearts of its employees and customers, Stagecoach has been a long-time supporter of the Poppy Appeal, and in addition to free travel on 11th and 14th November, Stagecoach will be operating a number of Poppy Buses across its network, including Merseyside & South Lancashire, Cumbria & North Lancashire, Portsmouth and Aldershot. Poppies will also be displayed on the front of a number of buses across the country with some of the destination blinds showing the messaging “We will remember them”.
Employees across Stagecoach will also be asked to honour the minutes’ silence.
Stagecoach has also been a member of the Armed Force Covenant since March 2015, recognising the value of serving personnel, regular and reservists, veterans and military families to both the country and businesses across the country.
With Remembrance services planned at memorials across UK, it is hoped that people wishing to pay their respects will take up the offer to travel for free to the service of their choice.
This commitment from Stagecoach allows for the business to unite and offer the same great experience to all military and ex-military customers and it will continue each year on 11th November and the following Sunday* as well as Armed Forces Weekend.
Simon Tramalloni, Operations Manager in Preston & Chorley is co-lead for the Stagecoach Veterans Network. He previously served in the Armed Forces serving in Northern Ireland, Bosnia, Kosovo, Africa and the Middle East. He said: “Stagecoach has a strong commitment to supporting the armed forces and our veterans, and it’s great that we are able to offer free bus and tram travel across the whole country as we mark Remembrance Day.
“We have thousands of ex forces personnel working across our business and having the new Veterans Network is allowing us to build on the work that Stagecoach has led over many years and identify how else we can support those veterans already working for us and those that may want to come and join the company.
“Remembrance Day and the Poppy Appeal are causes close to the hearts of many of our employees and customers and we are very pleased to be making this commitment that will hopefully help people to attend memorials across the UK.”
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce Deepen Dubai Connections at Landmark Bi-lateral Chamber Exchange
- COVID-19 Booster Programme
- First Minister’s COVID-19 Omicron Variant Briefing 10:30am 29/11/2021
- 'Back for the Future' Business Star Awards
- Scottish business taking green energy message to the world
- SCC respond to Scottish Government COVID-19 update
- PEST CONTROL FIRM TEES-UP NEW ROLE
- Scotland is Open
- Stagecoach announces free travel for veterans and military personnel across the UK on Remembrance Day and Remembrance Sunday
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels celebrates staff with a smile
- Perth based Carbon Financial is celebrating a landmark industry accolade
- Scottish Careers Week: 'Shape The Future' Webinar
- SCC Network - QEI Update
- Macnabs Will Aid Fundraising Event
- Pitlochry care home gets into the Autumn spirit with its own Tattie Bogle and a visit from Yarn Bombers
- KILMAC SPREADING ITS WINGS
- SCC Reaction to UK Budget 2021
- Plans for £33.8 million leisure-led development at Perthshire submitted to the Council
- Stephen Leckie honoured with HIT Industry Award 2021
- Thorntons Recruit Five New Solicitors
- Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
- Further trainees start their legal career with Thorntons
- Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
- Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club