Stagecoach and St Johnstone Team Up for Discounted Match Day Travel
With the new football season now in full swing, Stagecoach is once again supporting Scottish Premiership team St. Johnstone by providing Season ticket holders with discounted bus travel.
The promotional offer, which was live for the 17/18 season, provides discount for fans’ travel to reach the home ground at McDiarmid Park in Perth.
A Match Dayrider ticket allows any supporters with a St. Johnstone season ticket to travel to and from home matches for 50% less when they buy a Match Dayrider.
Saints supporters simply need to show their Season Ticket to the driver of the first Stagecoach bus they board on match day to receive 50% off one of the company's existing dayrider tickets for travel in and around Perth.
The existing dayrider tickets available to travel to McDiarmid Park are Perth Zone 1, Perth Zone 2, Perth Zone 3, Tayside and the East Scotland Zone. All valid as a Match dayrider for 50% less, each zone ticket provides unlimited travel for the day and therefore provides return travel to the match, as well as any other journeys required throughout the day.
To assist in the re-launch of the Match Dayrider ticket, Stagecoach has rebranded one of the bus rears on popular service 1 & 2 with an image of one of the club’s newest signings, Tony Watt.
Tony, one of seven new recruits for the Club this summer, joined Saints in July 2018 and is a Scotland international who previously played for Celtic. He was recently named the Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership Player of the Month for August and has scored six times for the club so far.
David Frenz, Operations Director, Stagecoach East Scotland commented: "The offer was so successful last year, we were keen to continue it for the 18/19 season and assist with easing traffic congestion around McDiarmid Park during home games. It's great to work with St Johnstone Football Club for another football season and as a continued supporter myself, I wish them every success!"
Beverley Mayer, Supporter Liason Officer at St. Johnstone Football Club said: "The Stagecoach Match Dayrider is a fantastic offer which provides great value for our season ticket holders when it comes to getting to and from home matches. The response last season was superb and we're excited about partnering up with Stagecoach once again for the 2018/19 campaign.
"The new imagery on the back of the bus looks great and I'm sure the supporters are loving seeing Tony Watt throughout the town on a daily basis. It's been a great start to the season and everybody at the club is excited about what's in store for the campaign ahead."
Full details on the range of zone tickets available for travel in and around Perth is available at stagecoachbus.com. Supporters can also use stagecoachbus.com or the Stagecoach Bus app to plan a journey, view live bus times and see service updates for their journey. The Match Dayrider is not available to buy on the website or app, and should be bought from the driver, an exact fare is not required, Stagecoach drivers are able to give change.
For information on season ticket info: perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/season-tickets
Photograph: (L-R) Louise Simpson, Operations Manager for Stagecoach East Scotland’s Perth depot - Tony Watt, St Johnstone FC - David Frenz, Operation Director, Stagecoach East Scotland
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Oh Yes We Are - Live Online Panto from Perth Theatre
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 24th November 2020
- Trauma Healing Together: The Ultimate Christmas Quiz, 19th December, 2020.
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar
- Scottish Government Daily update on COVID-19, Monday 23rd November 2020
- Y-Xplore at YMCA Tayside, with support from the Aviva Community Fund
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 20th November 2020
- AbilityNet - Who we are and What we do
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards
- Circular Tayside: Exciting new funding to help Sottish businesses save energy!
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 19th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS) is launching a new campaign for face coverings.
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 17th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 25th November, 10-11 AM
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 16th November 2020
- Perthshire Chamber - You Asked and We Delivered November 2020
- Scottish Government: Daily Update Thursday 12th November 2020
- ONE of Perth’s longest established opticians is eyeing-up a move
- Scottish Government Daily Update Wednesday 11th November 2020
- Gov.Scot: Scotland's Young Persons Guarantee Launched
- Student Volunteer wins Award for Community Work in Perth
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 10th November 2020
- Scot Gov COVID Update: Perth and Kinross Tier Three from Friday 13th Nov 2020