Stagecoach and St Johnstone Team Up for Discounted Match Day Travel
With the new football season now in full swing, Stagecoach is once again supporting Scottish Premiership team St. Johnstone by providing Season ticket holders with discounted bus travel.
The promotional offer, which was live for the 17/18 season, provides discount for fans’ travel to reach the home ground at McDiarmid Park in Perth.
A Match Dayrider ticket allows any supporters with a St. Johnstone season ticket to travel to and from home matches for 50% less when they buy a Match Dayrider.
Saints supporters simply need to show their Season Ticket to the driver of the first Stagecoach bus they board on match day to receive 50% off one of the company's existing dayrider tickets for travel in and around Perth.
The existing dayrider tickets available to travel to McDiarmid Park are Perth Zone 1, Perth Zone 2, Perth Zone 3, Tayside and the East Scotland Zone. All valid as a Match dayrider for 50% less, each zone ticket provides unlimited travel for the day and therefore provides return travel to the match, as well as any other journeys required throughout the day.
To assist in the re-launch of the Match Dayrider ticket, Stagecoach has rebranded one of the bus rears on popular service 1 & 2 with an image of one of the club’s newest signings, Tony Watt.
Tony, one of seven new recruits for the Club this summer, joined Saints in July 2018 and is a Scotland international who previously played for Celtic. He was recently named the Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership Player of the Month for August and has scored six times for the club so far.
David Frenz, Operations Director, Stagecoach East Scotland commented: "The offer was so successful last year, we were keen to continue it for the 18/19 season and assist with easing traffic congestion around McDiarmid Park during home games. It's great to work with St Johnstone Football Club for another football season and as a continued supporter myself, I wish them every success!"
Beverley Mayer, Supporter Liason Officer at St. Johnstone Football Club said: "The Stagecoach Match Dayrider is a fantastic offer which provides great value for our season ticket holders when it comes to getting to and from home matches. The response last season was superb and we're excited about partnering up with Stagecoach once again for the 2018/19 campaign.
"The new imagery on the back of the bus looks great and I'm sure the supporters are loving seeing Tony Watt throughout the town on a daily basis. It's been a great start to the season and everybody at the club is excited about what's in store for the campaign ahead."
Full details on the range of zone tickets available for travel in and around Perth is available at stagecoachbus.com. Supporters can also use stagecoachbus.com or the Stagecoach Bus app to plan a journey, view live bus times and see service updates for their journey. The Match Dayrider is not available to buy on the website or app, and should be bought from the driver, an exact fare is not required, Stagecoach drivers are able to give change.
For information on season ticket info: perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/season-tickets
Photograph: (L-R) Louise Simpson, Operations Manager for Stagecoach East Scotland’s Perth depot - Tony Watt, St Johnstone FC - David Frenz, Operation Director, Stagecoach East Scotland
- £20 million funding boost for road freight
- Businesses urged to prepare for National Security and Investment Act
- Scottish Government set out plans for climate action to mark 100 days to COP 26
- New self-isolation exemption scheme for ‘critical workers’
- Opening Of The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant
- Scottish Tourism Leadership Programme
- Help shape the future of support for social enterprises!
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access