Stagecoach and St Johnstone Team Up for Discounted Match Day Travel
With the new football season now in full swing, Stagecoach is once again supporting Scottish Premiership team St. Johnstone by providing Season ticket holders with discounted bus travel.
The promotional offer, which was live for the 17/18 season, provides discount for fans’ travel to reach the home ground at McDiarmid Park in Perth.
A Match Dayrider ticket allows any supporters with a St. Johnstone season ticket to travel to and from home matches for 50% less when they buy a Match Dayrider.
Saints supporters simply need to show their Season Ticket to the driver of the first Stagecoach bus they board on match day to receive 50% off one of the company's existing dayrider tickets for travel in and around Perth.
The existing dayrider tickets available to travel to McDiarmid Park are Perth Zone 1, Perth Zone 2, Perth Zone 3, Tayside and the East Scotland Zone. All valid as a Match dayrider for 50% less, each zone ticket provides unlimited travel for the day and therefore provides return travel to the match, as well as any other journeys required throughout the day.
To assist in the re-launch of the Match Dayrider ticket, Stagecoach has rebranded one of the bus rears on popular service 1 & 2 with an image of one of the club’s newest signings, Tony Watt.
Tony, one of seven new recruits for the Club this summer, joined Saints in July 2018 and is a Scotland international who previously played for Celtic. He was recently named the Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership Player of the Month for August and has scored six times for the club so far.
David Frenz, Operations Director, Stagecoach East Scotland commented: "The offer was so successful last year, we were keen to continue it for the 18/19 season and assist with easing traffic congestion around McDiarmid Park during home games. It's great to work with St Johnstone Football Club for another football season and as a continued supporter myself, I wish them every success!"
Beverley Mayer, Supporter Liason Officer at St. Johnstone Football Club said: "The Stagecoach Match Dayrider is a fantastic offer which provides great value for our season ticket holders when it comes to getting to and from home matches. The response last season was superb and we're excited about partnering up with Stagecoach once again for the 2018/19 campaign.
"The new imagery on the back of the bus looks great and I'm sure the supporters are loving seeing Tony Watt throughout the town on a daily basis. It's been a great start to the season and everybody at the club is excited about what's in store for the campaign ahead."
Full details on the range of zone tickets available for travel in and around Perth is available at stagecoachbus.com. Supporters can also use stagecoachbus.com or the Stagecoach Bus app to plan a journey, view live bus times and see service updates for their journey. The Match Dayrider is not available to buy on the website or app, and should be bought from the driver, an exact fare is not required, Stagecoach drivers are able to give change.
For information on season ticket info: perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/season-tickets
Photograph: (L-R) Louise Simpson, Operations Manager for Stagecoach East Scotland’s Perth depot - Tony Watt, St Johnstone FC - David Frenz, Operation Director, Stagecoach East Scotland
- Balhousie Care Group is #GladtoCare as national awareness week “shines a light on the care industry’s incredible work”
- Covid-19 Business Recovery: "Green Investment is the way to go" wrap-up
- Circular Tayside: Chat with Kevin Frediani, Dundee University Botanic Garden
- REMAKE in Crieff gets £57k funding to support local community
- Circular Tayside - Second Ambassador Meeting
- A new chapter for Balhousie North Inch Grove as it introduces two new managers
- Zero Waste Scotland Event - Sustainable Renovation in Practice - 22 July 2020
- Thorntons Estate Agency gears up for viewings as waiting list grows
- D C Thomson Media launches Back to Business
- Covid-19 business recovery: Green investment is the way to go by Circular Tayside
- 'Artist-in-Resident' Gordon brings his creativity to Perthshire Care Home
- Balhousie Care Group Buries Time Capsule for Future Generations to Learn About People's Experiences During Coronavirus Crisis
- Upskill with short, no cost course on Digital Marketing
- “Chat with Circular Tayside” with John Ross, Kinross Wooden Products
- Scottish Government: £20k-£80k "Designing Sustainable Plastic Solutions" Funding Competition
- Balhousie Care Group Introduce Thermal Imaging Cameras to Reduce Spread of COVID-19
- New "Chat with Circular Tayside" Series
- Perth and Kinross Residents Invited to Travel the World with Live Active Leisure
- Coronavirus in Care Homes: Balhousie Care Group reveals three months of mixed messages
- Scottish Government: Bee Disease confirmed in Perthshire, 28 May 2020
- Scottish Firms' Confidence Rises but Remains Near Record Low
- Online Arabic Language Course Starts 1 June - 20% discount offered to Perthshire Chamber Members
- Deposit Returns Scheme
- Exercises to Practice When Working