Stagecoach and St Johnstone Team Up for Discounted Match Day Travel
With the new football season now in full swing, Stagecoach is once again supporting Scottish Premiership team St. Johnstone by providing Season ticket holders with discounted bus travel.
The promotional offer, which was live for the 17/18 season, provides discount for fans’ travel to reach the home ground at McDiarmid Park in Perth.
A Match Dayrider ticket allows any supporters with a St. Johnstone season ticket to travel to and from home matches for 50% less when they buy a Match Dayrider.
Saints supporters simply need to show their Season Ticket to the driver of the first Stagecoach bus they board on match day to receive 50% off one of the company's existing dayrider tickets for travel in and around Perth.
The existing dayrider tickets available to travel to McDiarmid Park are Perth Zone 1, Perth Zone 2, Perth Zone 3, Tayside and the East Scotland Zone. All valid as a Match dayrider for 50% less, each zone ticket provides unlimited travel for the day and therefore provides return travel to the match, as well as any other journeys required throughout the day.
To assist in the re-launch of the Match Dayrider ticket, Stagecoach has rebranded one of the bus rears on popular service 1 & 2 with an image of one of the club’s newest signings, Tony Watt.
Tony, one of seven new recruits for the Club this summer, joined Saints in July 2018 and is a Scotland international who previously played for Celtic. He was recently named the Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership Player of the Month for August and has scored six times for the club so far.
David Frenz, Operations Director, Stagecoach East Scotland commented: "The offer was so successful last year, we were keen to continue it for the 18/19 season and assist with easing traffic congestion around McDiarmid Park during home games. It's great to work with St Johnstone Football Club for another football season and as a continued supporter myself, I wish them every success!"
Beverley Mayer, Supporter Liason Officer at St. Johnstone Football Club said: "The Stagecoach Match Dayrider is a fantastic offer which provides great value for our season ticket holders when it comes to getting to and from home matches. The response last season was superb and we're excited about partnering up with Stagecoach once again for the 2018/19 campaign.
"The new imagery on the back of the bus looks great and I'm sure the supporters are loving seeing Tony Watt throughout the town on a daily basis. It's been a great start to the season and everybody at the club is excited about what's in store for the campaign ahead."
Full details on the range of zone tickets available for travel in and around Perth is available at stagecoachbus.com. Supporters can also use stagecoachbus.com or the Stagecoach Bus app to plan a journey, view live bus times and see service updates for their journey. The Match Dayrider is not available to buy on the website or app, and should be bought from the driver, an exact fare is not required, Stagecoach drivers are able to give change.
For information on season ticket info: perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/season-tickets
Photograph: (L-R) Louise Simpson, Operations Manager for Stagecoach East Scotland’s Perth depot - Tony Watt, St Johnstone FC - David Frenz, Operation Director, Stagecoach East Scotland
- The Scottish Chambers of Commerce has urged the Scottish Government to use their powers to support key transport routes and jobs.
- Continued growth after expansion for leading law firm Thorntons
- Tax Avoidance Schemes and Liquidation
- Personal and Corporate Insolvency Law and the differences in regimes as between Scotland and England & Wales
- Scone Palace gets into shape with a January Jog
- Buses Are Key To Making Our Communities Cleaner And Ensuring Our High Streets Thrive As Pivotal Year Begins
- 2020 starts with a bang for Employment Law
- The Enchanted Forest opens its 2020 Community Fund for applications
- Care Home resident and former St Johnstone FC scout welcomes his home team for visit
- Local charity donation of Perth Panto tickets
- Scone Palace opens doors to public to enjoy day of festive splendour
- 150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
- Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers
- SEVENTH UK WIN ON THE SPIN FOR CARBON
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business