SME Brexit Support Fund Open for Applications
The UKG’s SME Brexit Support Fund is opening for applications later today – please see UK.GOV and a new PwC microsite for further info. The Fund is targeted at SMEs who only trade with the EU, and provides grants to support professional advice around customs, excise, import VAT and safety/security declaration requirements.
- The SME Brexit Support Fund is now open to applications. https://www.customsintermediarygrant.co.uk/SME-Brexit-Support-Fund.com
- The £20m SME Brexit Support Fund supports small and medium sized businesses adjust to new customs, rules of origin, and VAT rules when trading with the EU.
- SMEs who trade only with the EU and are new to importing and exporting processes will be encouraged to apply for grants of up to £2,000 for each trader to pay for practical support including training and professional advice to ensure they can continue trading effectively with the EU.
- Businesses can use the grant for training on how to complete customs declarations; how to manage customs processes and use customs software and systems; and specific import and export related aspects including VAT, excise and rules of origin.
- Businesses can also use the grant to help get professional advice so your business can meet its customs, excise, import VAT or safety and security declaration requirements.
- Businesses must be established in the UK for at least 12 months before submitting the application, or currently hold Authorised Economic Operator status, and not have previously failed to meet its tax or customs obligations. They must also have no more than 500 employees and no more than £100 million turnover. Businesses must import or export goods between Great Britain and the EU, or moves goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland; and also either complete (or intend to complete) import or export declarations internally for its own goods or use someone else to complete import or export declarations but requires additional capability internally to effectively import or export.
- This announcement follows extensive engagement with individual businesses, leading business organisations and trade associations from across all parts of the UK
- The fund will be administered by PwC through the pre-existing Customs Grant Scheme.
- Applications will close on 30 June 2021 or earlier if all funding is allocated before this date.
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access
- New recruitment drive for tourism and hospitality sectors
- Visit Scotland launch summer staycation campaign
- Latest SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Results
- Archie's Appeal For Summer: Enjoy a Picnic in the Park!
- New LNER Timetable Consultation
- Lindsays: Scottish employee ownership deals set to double
- Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions