SMART SCOTLAND Grant – Applications Open
The SMART SCOTLAND grant is a research and development (R&D) grant offered by Scottish Enterprise to support high-risk, highly ambitious projects.
It provides funding to support feasibility studies that help to show your idea could work in the real world.
Your project will need to generate intellectual property (IP) that your business will own.
The grant only available to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) based in Scotland and supports activities that have a commercial endpoint.
You may be eligible if:
- You’re a small or medium-sized business, university spin-out or an individual.
- You’re based, or planning to set up, in Scotland.
- Your project represents an advance in technological innovation for the UK industry or sector concerned.
- There are technical risks and challenges associated with defining and developing the technology.
- You own, or have rights to use, the intellectual property required to undertake the project.
- You’ll own all intellectual property developed throughout the project.
- You have the necessary management and technical expertise and resources (either in-house or brought-in) to make the project a success.
- Both the project and the business are financially viable.
- Financial assistance from SMART Scotland is essential for the project to go ahead.
This fund opened for applications on Friday 9 April 2021.
The initial deadline for applications is 11:59am on 30 June 2021. After this, there will be a short pause while the service is moved onto a new digital platform.
From July, companies will be invited to apply using the new online application form.
Read more here.
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access
- New recruitment drive for tourism and hospitality sectors
- Visit Scotland launch summer staycation campaign
- Latest SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Results
- Archie's Appeal For Summer: Enjoy a Picnic in the Park!
- New LNER Timetable Consultation
- Lindsays: Scottish employee ownership deals set to double
- Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions