SMART SCOTLAND Grant – Applications Open
The SMART SCOTLAND grant is a research and development (R&D) grant offered by Scottish Enterprise to support high-risk, highly ambitious projects.
It provides funding to support feasibility studies that help to show your idea could work in the real world.
Your project will need to generate intellectual property (IP) that your business will own.
The grant only available to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) based in Scotland and supports activities that have a commercial endpoint.
You may be eligible if:
- You’re a small or medium-sized business, university spin-out or an individual.
- You’re based, or planning to set up, in Scotland.
- Your project represents an advance in technological innovation for the UK industry or sector concerned.
- There are technical risks and challenges associated with defining and developing the technology.
- You own, or have rights to use, the intellectual property required to undertake the project.
- You’ll own all intellectual property developed throughout the project.
- You have the necessary management and technical expertise and resources (either in-house or brought-in) to make the project a success.
- Both the project and the business are financially viable.
- Financial assistance from SMART Scotland is essential for the project to go ahead.
This fund opened for applications on Friday 9 April 2021.
The initial deadline for applications is 11:59am on 30 June 2021. After this, there will be a short pause while the service is moved onto a new digital platform.
From July, companies will be invited to apply using the new online application form.
Read more here.
- Cancellation of The Enchanted Forest 2021
- UK Banking Industry Commits to Access to Cash
- Self-Isolation Support Grant
- Take the Quarterly Economic Indicator!
- Apprentice Transition Plan - Employer Information
- Meet the Buyer - Supplier Development Programme
- Business Feedback Required - Zero Waste Scotland, Green Internship Scheme
- Inspirational Young Person Award - Applications Open
- Alan Titchmarsh backs Balhousie in Bloom
- ‘Extreme’ Social Distancing Rules Risk ‘Irreparably Damaging’ Scotland’s Arts Sector
- BBC Radio 5 Live - Media Opportunity
- Scotland's GDP Grew by 2.3% in Q4 2020
- Celebrations & Pizza for Balhousie Residents
- Furlough Mistakes Could Prove Costly
- Market and Festival Attendance Fund
- Queens Award for Enterprise 2022 - Applications Open
- Call for Businesses to Support India - Covid-19 Support Campaign
- Tay Cities Food and Drink Expo 2021
- TalentScotland, Business Immigration & Visa Support Service
- Scottish Elections - Party Manifesto Summary
- Marine Fund Scotland - Open Now
- Bus Drivers Rewarded in Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving Scheme
- Carrick Management welcomes new employees through Kickstart Scheme
- Perth Autism Support - 5K MAY