Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 11th March 2021
This update from the Scottish Government directs businesses to the most up to date information on COVID-19 as we move forward with our economic response.
The Find Business Support website has information on all the support available to businesses that have been affected by COVID-19 restrictions. We would encourage businesses to check the website for more information on what support they are eligible for and how they can apply.
For the most up-to-date Brexit advice and support visit the Prepare for Brexit website.
Today at First Minister’s Questions the First Minister said, as previously indicated, more information about plans for the phased reopening of the economy will be provided on Tuesday next week.
An ambition to achieve ”world leading" levels of digital inclusion is at the heart of plans to equip Scotland for the technological transformation post-COVID-19. The updated Digital Strategy which has been published today recognises the potential for technology and digital ways of working to support Scotland’s post-pandemic economic recovery and its environmental targets. The strategy includes the Digital Boost skills and support programme and those running businesses in Scotland who need help with any aspect of digital can visit Business Gateway’s website for more information.
£1.79 million has been allocated from the Scottish Government active travel budget to support 173 organisations across Scotland. Transport Secretary Michael Matheson said the breadth of organisations getting involved demonstrates the clear appetite across Scotland to lock-in the positive changes we’ve seen in travel behaviour over the last 12 months. Read more here.
A new timetable for introducing import border control processes has been set out by the UK Government. Read more here.
Safer workplace guidance is released on a sectoral basis and can be found here.
Grants are available for businesses that are required by law to close or to significantly change operations as a result of COVID-19 restrictions. Find out who is eligible and how to apply here.
The NHS Inform coronavirus webpage is the fastest way for people to get the latest health advice and information.
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax
- Forth Valley Virtual Trade Mission to Belgium
- Blackadders: Knowledge of disability is key in disability discrimination claims
- Stagecoach launches new sustainability strategy
- Thorntons launches Charity Wills Campaign virtually this September
- Loan scheme launched for Scotland's farmers and crofters
- New touring fund for live music
- Scottish Covid inquiry to start later this year
- Blackadders - To be or not to Airbnb?
- Future Looks Bright For SMEs – New SME Barometer