Scottish Government Daily Update 30th March 2021
This update from the Scottish Government directs businesses towards the most up to date information on COVID-19.
The Find Business Support website has details of support and guidance for businesses that have been affected by the pandemic.
Today the First Minister gave an update on changes to COVID-19 restrictions due to take place over the weekend. Read the statement here.
The First Minister confirmed the current Stay at Home rule will be lifted from Friday (2 April) and replaced by a requirement to Stay Local. This means that the current travel restrictions will remain in place for another 3 weeks.
In addition, from next Monday (5 April), more students – particularly in colleges - will be allowed to return to on-campus learning and there will be a limited reopening of some retail services. All shops will be allowed to operate click and collect services– although appointments will be needed to pick up goods – and hairdressers and barbers shops will also be allowed to reopen for appointments. Car showrooms and forecourts will also reopen, along with homeware stores and garden centres.
The First Minister hoped further plans for easing restrictions would be confirmed at a media briefing in three weeks’ time. This would include mainland Scotland moving from level 4 to level 3 on 26 April, travel restrictions within the mainland ending, a full reopening of retail premises and a partial reopening of the hospitality sector. It is also hoped it will be possible to ease some of the rules on outdoor meetings from the same date.
The Scottish Government will shortly publish updated levels tables online. They will provide some more information about prospective changes during April, May and into the summer.
The Scottish Government’s timetable for easing restrictions has been published. The timetable sets out how and when we plan to lift the current coronavirus restrictions over the coming weeks and months.
Safer workplace guidance is released on a sectoral basis and can be found here.
The NHS Inform coronavirus webpage is the fastest way for people to get the latest health advice and information.
- £20 million funding boost for road freight
- Businesses urged to prepare for National Security and Investment Act
- Scottish Government set out plans for climate action to mark 100 days to COP 26
- New self-isolation exemption scheme for ‘critical workers’
- Opening Of The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant
- Scottish Tourism Leadership Programme
- Help shape the future of support for social enterprises!
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access