Scottish Government Daily Update 24th March 2021
This update from the Scottish Government directs businesses to the most up to date information on COVID-19 as we move forward with our economic response.
The Find Business Support website has information on all the support available to businesses that have been affected by COVID-19 restrictions. We would encourage businesses to check the website for more information on what support they are eligible for and how they can apply.
Today at First Minister’s Questions, the First Minister gave an update on COVID-19 statistics and vaccination data. Read the full statement here.
As you will be aware, the Scottish Parliamentary pre-election period begins on Thursday (25 March) and runs until the election to the Scottish Parliament takes place on 6 May 2021 and this places some restrictions on the activities of civil servants.
Our response to COVID-19 is on-going and throughout this period we will only issue these updates on an ‘as necessary’ basis to signpost you towards any new and essential information published.
The Scottish Government’s timetable for easing restrictions has been published. The timetable sets out how and when we plan to lift the current coronavirus restrictions over the coming weeks and months.
Safer workplace guidance is released on a sectoral basis and can be found here.
The NHS Inform coronavirus webpage is the fastest way for people to get the latest health advice and information.
- Stagecoach marks National Apprentice Week with highest ever number of apprentices
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Business Ventilation Fund
- £4.3bn fraud write-off could be eclipsed by £20bn Covid loans defaults
- 40 Years and Still Driving Forward at Auto Services Perth
- First Minister's update to the Scottish Parliament - 01 February 2022
- COVID-19 Cancellation fund for Cultural Organisations
- Business support for those affected by Omicron control measures
- Food and drink funds open
- Strategic Transport Project Review 2 (STPR2) Formal Consultation
- Rowan Consultancy fundraising news
- Latest VisitScotland/Business Gateway Digital Webinars
- Sustainable sleeping: Crieff Hydro introduces new eco bedding
- Catering to Celebrancy via Covid
- Guildry Want to Get Behind Local Apprenticeships
- Microsoft Office Excel: Intermediate Level Full Details and Booking
- Strategic Transport Projects Review or STPR2 - Scottish Government Recommendations
- Unlocking tax savings through capital allowances
- First Minister's update to the Scottish Parliament - 18 January 2022
- Professional sport allocated £2.55 million of COVID support
- France to relax travel rules from the UK
- Covid self-isolation in England being cut to five full days
- Scottish business leaders target USA for first in-person trade missions since pandemic began
- Google will spend £730m to 'reinvigorate' its UK offices
- UK economy above pre-Covid levels in November