Scottish Government Daily Update 24th April 2021
This update from the Scottish Government directs businesses towards the most up to date information on COVID-19.
The Find Business Support website has details of support and guidance for businesses that have been affected by the pandemic.
Changes to COVID-19 restrictions come into effect from Monday (26 April). Hospitality venues such as cafés, pubs and restaurants can reopen, along with tourist accommodation. Non-essential retail outlets and close contact services such as beauty salons can also reopen, along with indoor attractions and public buildings such as galleries, museums and libraries.
All parts of the country will move to Level 3 and remaining travel restrictions within Scotland will be lifted and travel within the UK will be permitted for any purpose.
An Advice Card for everyone at work highlighting key ventilation practice has also been published.
A self-assessment tool is available to help workplaces evaluate the effectiveness of their COVID-19 control measures. While not mandatory, the tool is designed to provide assurances that all necessary mitigating measures are in place. A checklist can be downloaded as part of the tool.
The Scottish Government’s timetable for easing restrictions has been published. The timetable sets out how and when we plan to lift the current coronavirus restrictions over the coming weeks and months.
Safer workplace guidance is released on a sectoral basis and can be found here.
The NHS Inform coronavirus webpage is the fastest way for people to get the latest health advice and information.
- Gillespie Macandrew appoints legal heavyweight Michael Shaw as chair
- Hydropower Insight
- SCC Annual Business Address - 15th September 2022
- Bin workers at 15 Scottish councils to strike in pay dispute
- Ministers to meet energy giants over cost of living
- RECESSIONARY WINDS AFFLICT CONSTRUCTION SECTOR
- Bank of England to Host Webinar 18 August
- Scottish hotel group renews support for unpaid carers through Respitality initiative
- Honours in Perth and Kinross
- Blackadders LLP Announces Leadership Changes
- Binn Group recognised as Real Living Wage employer
- Bidwells leading the charge with four senior Renewable Energy hires
- Cash withdrawals in the UK soar as people grapple with the rising cost of living
- Firms urge Tory rivals Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss to act now to protect Scots jobs
- ScottishPower to build £150m green hydrogen plant at Port of Felixstowe
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce & Business Groups back youngsters ahead of results day
- Rosebank projected to provide £6.3 billion of investment to the UK
- Breaking: Felixstowe port workers to strike for eight days from August
- Bank of England warns the UK will fall into recession this year
- UK new car sales fell 9% in July as supply chain problems continue
- Energy bills to change every three months to avoid price shocks
- Liz Cameron: Next Prime Minister must put UK economic growth at heart of agenda
- UK interest rates see biggest rise in 27 years
- Training to help safeguard organisations from cyber attacks