Scottish Government Daily Update 22nd March 2021
This update from the Scottish Government directs businesses to the most up to date information on COVID-19 as we move forward with our economic response.
The Find Business Support website has information on all the support available to businesses that have been affected by COVID-19 restrictions. We would encourage businesses to check the website for more information on what support they are eligible for and how they can apply.
Communities Secretary Aileen Campbell has announced a new £30 million fund to support small businesses within the third sector, helping them to grow as Scotland recovers from the impacts of coronavirus.
Measures to help Scotland become a leader in the development and use of trustworthy, ethical and inclusive artificial intelligence (AI) technologies have been outlined in Scotland’s new AI Strategy. You can read the full Strategy here.
Scottish Enterprise today announced the first of a series of grant funding calls to help support economic recovery and stimulate the creation of new green jobs to advance Scotland’s net zero emission ambitions. The £4 million green jobs call, supported through the Scottish Government’s Green Jobs Fund, will open to applications on Tuesday 18 May with grants from £50,000 up to a maximum of £500,000 being awarded on a competitive basis.
Ministers have agreed, on the basis of advice from the Joint Biosecurity Centre, to place additional restrictions on travellers arriving in Scotland from Ethiopia, Oman, Qatar and Somalia. All passengers travelling to Scotland will be required to enter managed quarantine if they have been in one of these countries in the 10 days before arrival.
Investments and jobs in seafood sectors, the marine environment and coastal communities will be supported through a new marine fund.
Marine Fund Scotland (MFS) replaces the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF), following the UK’s exit from the EU. The EMFF supported the sustainable growth of the marine economy in coastal communities, in sectors such as fishing, aquaculture and seafood processing. More information is available here.
The deadline for applications for the Newly Self-Employed Hardship Fund and the Mobile and Home Based Close Contact Services Fund is tomorrow (Tuesday 23rd March). Full details are available here.
The Taxi and Private Hire Driver Support Fund has been extended to 25th March. Full details are available here.
The Scottish Government’s timetable for easing restrictions has been published. The timetable sets out how and when we plan to lift the current coronavirus restrictions over the coming weeks and months.
Safer workplace guidance is released on a sectoral basis and can be found here.
The NHS Inform coronavirus webpage is the fastest way for people to get the latest health advice and information.
We hope that you will find this useful and share with your networks where appropriate.
- Perthshire Classic Car Tour gets the Royal treatment
- Businesses urged to consider Queen's awards for competitive edge
- New Brexit rules caused major shock to UK-EU trade
- Ukraine war to cause biggest price shock in 50 years
- Government borrowing halves as Covid costs fall
- People reliant on cash risk being cut adrift, Which? Says
- Shoppers could face £271 rise in annual food bills
- Scotland 5GCentre Innovation Challenge Live
- First full-size driverless bus trials to begin in Scotland
- Price rises trigger shift from saving to borrowing
- Airlines should be fined for refund delays, MPs say
- Aberdeen to host second UK trade meeting with United States
- Call to Restore, Recover & Reform as Council candidates in Perth and Kinross urged to back local businesses
- Balhousie Care Group Chairman shortlisted in Scottish Ex-Forces in Business Awards
- Stagecoach confirms new fares for passengers in the east of Scotland
- Stagecoach takes major step towards the opening of new Perth customer contact centre as Scottish customers start to use the new service
- Chamber Golf Day Open for Bookings and Backed by Carbon
- Tayside and Strathearn Help for Ukraine
- Annual Golf Day: Friday 16th September 2022 at Strathmore Golf Centre
- Binn Group installs repurposed materials artwork to promote international Earth Day
- Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme
- Digital apprenticeship development
- Retail sales fall as rising cost of living bites
- Nearly one in five Scottish employers are likely to make redundancies in the year ahead