Scottish Government Daily Update 22nd March 2021
This update from the Scottish Government directs businesses to the most up to date information on COVID-19 as we move forward with our economic response.
The Find Business Support website has information on all the support available to businesses that have been affected by COVID-19 restrictions. We would encourage businesses to check the website for more information on what support they are eligible for and how they can apply.
Communities Secretary Aileen Campbell has announced a new £30 million fund to support small businesses within the third sector, helping them to grow as Scotland recovers from the impacts of coronavirus.
Measures to help Scotland become a leader in the development and use of trustworthy, ethical and inclusive artificial intelligence (AI) technologies have been outlined in Scotland’s new AI Strategy. You can read the full Strategy here.
Scottish Enterprise today announced the first of a series of grant funding calls to help support economic recovery and stimulate the creation of new green jobs to advance Scotland’s net zero emission ambitions. The £4 million green jobs call, supported through the Scottish Government’s Green Jobs Fund, will open to applications on Tuesday 18 May with grants from £50,000 up to a maximum of £500,000 being awarded on a competitive basis.
Ministers have agreed, on the basis of advice from the Joint Biosecurity Centre, to place additional restrictions on travellers arriving in Scotland from Ethiopia, Oman, Qatar and Somalia. All passengers travelling to Scotland will be required to enter managed quarantine if they have been in one of these countries in the 10 days before arrival.
Investments and jobs in seafood sectors, the marine environment and coastal communities will be supported through a new marine fund.
Marine Fund Scotland (MFS) replaces the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF), following the UK’s exit from the EU. The EMFF supported the sustainable growth of the marine economy in coastal communities, in sectors such as fishing, aquaculture and seafood processing. More information is available here.
The deadline for applications for the Newly Self-Employed Hardship Fund and the Mobile and Home Based Close Contact Services Fund is tomorrow (Tuesday 23rd March). Full details are available here.
The Taxi and Private Hire Driver Support Fund has been extended to 25th March. Full details are available here.
The Scottish Government’s timetable for easing restrictions has been published. The timetable sets out how and when we plan to lift the current coronavirus restrictions over the coming weeks and months.
Safer workplace guidance is released on a sectoral basis and can be found here.
The NHS Inform coronavirus webpage is the fastest way for people to get the latest health advice and information.
We hope that you will find this useful and share with your networks where appropriate.
- ScotWind offshore auction raises £700m
- Introduction to Excel Full Details and Booking
- The DigitalBoost Development Grant has reopened
- Perth event is designed to support the recovery of tourism businesses
- Challenging year ahead as Azets unveils decade of Scots' corporate insolvencies stats
- Latest Coronavirus Statistics
- Advice Direct Scotland
- CodeClan announces funding with more than 100 places available for 2022
- Scotland's population projected to peak in 2028
- World Bank warns global economy faces grim outlook
- £9 million to mitigate impacts of Omicron for tourism
- PCLF conference
- Complete storytelling workshops
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce respond to the Scottish Government’s COVID-19 Update - 11th January 2022
- Complete Storytelling workshops: events to support tourism's recovery
- Perth City Leadership Forum Conference - 21st January 2022
- First Minister's update to the Scottish Parliament - 11 January 2022
- Deadlines approaching: Fully Funded Scottish Tourism Leadership Programme
- Self-Isolation FAQs - Summary of changes from 6 January
- Removal of pre-departure test requirement for travel to Scotland
- Scottish Self-isolation Period Cut to Seven Days
- Electric car sales soar, but chip shortage hits market
- HMRC: Self-Assessment taxpayers given more time to ease COVID-19 pressures
- First Minister's update to the Scottish Parliament - 06 January 2022