Scottish Government Daily Update 10 March 2021
This update from the Scottish Government directs businesses to the most up to date information on COVID-19 as we move forward with our economic response.
The Find Business Support website has information on all the support available to businesses that have been affected by COVID-19 restrictions. We would encourage businesses to check the website for more information on what support they are eligible for and how they can apply.
For the most up-to-date Brexit advice and support visit the Prepare for Brexit website.
More than half a billion pounds in lifeline support has been paid to Scottish businesses affected by COVID-19 since November 2020. The Strategic Framework Business Fund – which Finance Secretary Kate Forbes has confirmed will continue in the next financial year - had paid out £214 million by 22 February according to latest figures and an additional £218 million was paid out under the Hospitality, Retail and Leisure Top-Up fund in the period to 26 February. More information is available here.
The 2021-22 Budget – which was passed by Parliament yesterday - will deliver £15 million of financial support for re-training and re-skilling to support the economic recovery in the North East of Scotland, based on the principles of a just transition. Read the Finance Secretary’s opening statement here.
Safer workplace guidance is released on a sectoral basis and can be found here.
Grants are available for businesses that are required by law to close or to significantly change operations as a result of COVID-19 restrictions. Find out who is eligible and how to apply here.
The NHS Inform coronavirus webpage is the fastest way for people to get the latest health advice and information.
We hope that you will find this useful and share with your networks where appropriate.
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax
- Forth Valley Virtual Trade Mission to Belgium
- Blackadders: Knowledge of disability is key in disability discrimination claims
- Stagecoach launches new sustainability strategy
- Thorntons launches Charity Wills Campaign virtually this September
- Loan scheme launched for Scotland's farmers and crofters
- New touring fund for live music
- Scottish Covid inquiry to start later this year
- Blackadders - To be or not to Airbnb?
- Future Looks Bright For SMEs – New SME Barometer