Scottish Chambers Comments on Scotland’s GDP for Q1 2018
Commenting on the recently released GDP figures for Scotland, Liz Cameron OBE, Director & Chief Executive of Scottish Chambers of Commerce said:
“It is positive to see that Scotland’s GDP edged above the UK as a whole in the first quarter of 2018, leading to the fifth consecutive quarter of growth for the Scottish economy. However, these statistics continue to highlight key issues in Scotland’s economy, particularly in the construction sector which has now contracted for nine successive quarters. The fall in Q1 was particularly pronounced for the sector, with the ‘Beast from the East’ impacting activity.
“Despite this fall in construction output, there was positivity in key sectors such as Manufacturing and Business Service and Finance, which respectively provided the highest contributions to growth.
“We expect the recently refreshed Scottish Cabinet and Ministerial team to bring a renewed vigour to Scotland’s approach to the economic challenges that we face. Combined portfolios linking Transport, Infrastructure and Connectivity should, in theory, provide a more holistic economic approach. A key priority should be the accelerated regeneration and renewal of Scotland’s infrastructure, which should act to bolster our domestic construction sector.”
- Scottish Government Daily Wednesday 2nd December 2020
- Scottish Government Daily Monday 30th December 2020
- Inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s
- Salutation Hotel Festive Lunch & Dinner Specials
- PRI Cheque Presentation in Memory of Businessman Jim Graham
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 26th Nov 2020
- Meet Artist Gerard Burns Invitation from Carbon
- Scottish Government: Daily Update Wednesday 25th November 2020
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Oh Yes We Are - Live Online Panto from Perth Theatre
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 24th November 2020
- Trauma Healing Together: The Ultimate Christmas Quiz, 19th December, 2020.
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar
- Scottish Government Daily update on COVID-19, Monday 23rd November 2020
- Y-Xplore at YMCA Tayside, with support from the Aviva Community Fund
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 20th November 2020
- AbilityNet - Who we are and What we do
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards
- Circular Tayside: Exciting new funding to help Sottish businesses save energy!
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 19th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS) is launching a new campaign for face coverings.
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 17th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 25th November, 10-11 AM
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 16th November 2020