ScotSpirit Holiday Voucher Scheme
VisitScotland is encouraging businesses to sign up to a new voucher scheme to help low income families, unpaid carers and disadvantaged young people who have been adversely affected by the pandemic enjoy a subsidised two-night break in Scotland.
Administered on behalf of The Scottish Government, The National Tourism Organisation’s ScotSpirit Holiday Voucher Scheme will deliver £1.4 million worth by December 2022, and support tourism businesses to recover from the pandemic by stimulating the demand for off-peak domestic breaks and day visits.
Accommodation providers, and attractions that are interested in being part of the scheme should visit: www.visitscotland.org/about-us/what-we-do/working-in-partnership/scotspirit-voucher-scheme
The project is part of the £25 million tourism recovery programme announced by the First Minister in March 2021. The recovery proposals were developed by VisitScotland and approved by the Scottish Tourism Emergency Response Group (STERG) in collaboration with members of the Tourism Task Force.
The scheme is fully funded by The Scottish Government, and participating businesses will be paid for any booking made directly through the scheme by a method of their choosing. The scheme is open to bed and breakfast, guest houses, hotels, hostels, camping parks and visitor attractions across Scotland.
The project aims to stimulate off-season domestic breaks and day visits, to support the tourism and hospitality sector to recover, following the lifting of final restrictions across Scotland.
- Diesel prices reach record of over £1.80 a litre
- UK Global Screen Fund receives £21m extra funding for three-year extension
- Energy bills shake-up plans to avoid price shocks
- Land and Property Market Survey
- Here’s The Plan…to a realistic, affordable sustainable future
- Rental market at its ‘most competitive’ ever
- Support for fishing and coastal communities
- Public encouraged to take part in National Parks consultation
- Global Business Dinner to showcase the best of Scotland
- Travelknowhow Scotland are delighted to be able to extend their FREE consultancy support package throughout 2022/23
- It’s the people of Perth’s chance to have their say on BBC Debate Night
- New Digital Skills Academy - applications open
- Perth Festival of the Arts
- Auto Services Perth Ltd sponsor Perth Racecourse for the 2022 season
- Electric models drive second-hand car sales higher
- Morrisons rescues McColl's taking on all 16,000 staff
- Inflationary pressure poses huge risk to Scottish businesses
- Focus on tackling the cost of living in Queen's Speech
- New UK sanctions for Russia and Belarus
- UK Capital Allowance Regime - Consultation
- Additional £4 million for the Young Person’s Guarantee
- Latest FPMC funding round announced
- SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Survey Q2 2022
- Azets global SME leaders growth conference - 12th May