Scone Palace opens doors to public to enjoy day of festive splendour
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at Scone Palace as the five-star visitor attraction prepares to open its doors to the public to see its stunning stately rooms in all their festive splendour.
On Sunday December 15, Scone Palace will give visitors the chance to see the Palace's grand state rooms adorned with magical decorations, from sparkling candles and baubles to the magnificent Christmas trees.
To add to even more Christmas cheer, The McAndrews Sisters, a Perth-based vocal trio, will perform Christmas carols for visitors to enjoy and sing along with during the special event. Perth Academy's wind section will also add to the festivities with some classical Christmas music.
There's lots for the little ones to enjoy too; Santa himself will be in attendance gifting chocolate treats, wishes can be hung on the wishing tree and Santa's elf will be on hand for festive face painting.
The Coffee Shop will be open for visitors to enjoy a hot drink and a home-baked treat. Alongside some Christmas stalls selling beautiful gifts and hand-made crafts, the Food Shop will also be open for those looking to pick up some last-minute Christmas presents.
This event, which is open from 11am - 4pm, follows the Palace's annual and hugely popular Christmas Carol Concert on Thursday December 12.
Stephen Brannigan, Head of House Opening at Scone Palace, said:
"Every year, our State Rooms look even more spectacular when all the Christmas decorations have been put up. We are delighted be able to share this Christmas magic with the public and invite people to soak up some of the Christmas spirit with us as well as enjoy some Christmas carols. We hope people will come along and enjoy the festivities."
The State Rooms opening for Christmas is from 11.00am-4.00pm on Sunday December 15 and entry is £6 per person.
To book or for further information visit www.scone-palace.co.uk/whats-on
For more information on Scone Palace go to www.scone-palace.co.uk
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business
- Business Star Awards 2019
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business
- ACS Flight Training appoints Bose Aviation as its official headset supplier
- On their bike for charities
- GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"
- Stone of Destiny Engagement
- LEGUS appoint Campbell Clark as Chair
- The Enchanted Forest secures spot in Lonely Planet's Ultimate UK Travel Guide
- Perthshire businesses embrace work experience programme
- Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project