Scone Palace opens doors to public to enjoy day of festive splendour
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at Scone Palace as the five-star visitor attraction prepares to open its doors to the public to see its stunning stately rooms in all their festive splendour.
On Sunday December 15, Scone Palace will give visitors the chance to see the Palace's grand state rooms adorned with magical decorations, from sparkling candles and baubles to the magnificent Christmas trees.
To add to even more Christmas cheer, The McAndrews Sisters, a Perth-based vocal trio, will perform Christmas carols for visitors to enjoy and sing along with during the special event. Perth Academy's wind section will also add to the festivities with some classical Christmas music.
There's lots for the little ones to enjoy too; Santa himself will be in attendance gifting chocolate treats, wishes can be hung on the wishing tree and Santa's elf will be on hand for festive face painting.
The Coffee Shop will be open for visitors to enjoy a hot drink and a home-baked treat. Alongside some Christmas stalls selling beautiful gifts and hand-made crafts, the Food Shop will also be open for those looking to pick up some last-minute Christmas presents.
This event, which is open from 11am - 4pm, follows the Palace's annual and hugely popular Christmas Carol Concert on Thursday December 12.
Stephen Brannigan, Head of House Opening at Scone Palace, said:
"Every year, our State Rooms look even more spectacular when all the Christmas decorations have been put up. We are delighted be able to share this Christmas magic with the public and invite people to soak up some of the Christmas spirit with us as well as enjoy some Christmas carols. We hope people will come along and enjoy the festivities."
The State Rooms opening for Christmas is from 11.00am-4.00pm on Sunday December 15 and entry is £6 per person.
To book or for further information visit www.scone-palace.co.uk/whats-on
For more information on Scone Palace go to www.scone-palace.co.uk
- Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
- GS Group unveils premier package
- Solheim Cup comes to Perthshire
- Non-traditional trade marks
- Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
- Trucking In Down the Shore Road
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels' Chairman & CEO Appointed Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant for Perth & Kinross
- Stagecoach East Scotland tackles loneliness in local communities
- Balhousie Care Group takes inter-generational links to new ‘lengths’ – in the form of a unique tartan
- It's Game On as this year's Scottish Game Fair kicks off at Scone Palace
- Bank of Scotland names new head of commercial banking
- Tayside solicitor wins coveted international award
- Scottish businesses struggling to grow amidst Brexit deadlock
- New Scottish tourist route Heart 200 launches
- Crieff care home team scores a first for its dementia training
- Castle Water wins fourth multi-million-pound deal with the public sector in England
- Amanda Sword joins Balhousie Coupar Angus as new care home manager
- Stagecoach East Scotland supports 2019 Armed Forces Day with free travel
- Miller Hendry warns against not seeking advice early doors when selling a business
- Year two of the GDPR marks the end of basic compliance
- Tickets for The Enchanted Forest 2019 go on sale today for a starry spectacle this autumn
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust announces 2019 charity partners
- Relocation: A potential financial disaster
- Power of attorney - planning our affairs