Scone Palace opens doors to public to enjoy day of festive splendour
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at Scone Palace as the five-star visitor attraction prepares to open its doors to the public to see its stunning stately rooms in all their festive splendour.
On Sunday December 15, Scone Palace will give visitors the chance to see the Palace's grand state rooms adorned with magical decorations, from sparkling candles and baubles to the magnificent Christmas trees.
To add to even more Christmas cheer, The McAndrews Sisters, a Perth-based vocal trio, will perform Christmas carols for visitors to enjoy and sing along with during the special event. Perth Academy's wind section will also add to the festivities with some classical Christmas music.
There's lots for the little ones to enjoy too; Santa himself will be in attendance gifting chocolate treats, wishes can be hung on the wishing tree and Santa's elf will be on hand for festive face painting.
The Coffee Shop will be open for visitors to enjoy a hot drink and a home-baked treat. Alongside some Christmas stalls selling beautiful gifts and hand-made crafts, the Food Shop will also be open for those looking to pick up some last-minute Christmas presents.
This event, which is open from 11am - 4pm, follows the Palace's annual and hugely popular Christmas Carol Concert on Thursday December 12.
Stephen Brannigan, Head of House Opening at Scone Palace, said:
"Every year, our State Rooms look even more spectacular when all the Christmas decorations have been put up. We are delighted be able to share this Christmas magic with the public and invite people to soak up some of the Christmas spirit with us as well as enjoy some Christmas carols. We hope people will come along and enjoy the festivities."
The State Rooms opening for Christmas is from 11.00am-4.00pm on Sunday December 15 and entry is £6 per person.
To book or for further information visit www.scone-palace.co.uk/whats-on
For more information on Scone Palace go to www.scone-palace.co.uk
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Oh Yes We Are - Live Online Panto from Perth Theatre
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 24th November 2020
- Trauma Healing Together: The Ultimate Christmas Quiz, 19th December, 2020.
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar
- Scottish Government Daily update on COVID-19, Monday 23rd November 2020
- Y-Xplore at YMCA Tayside, with support from the Aviva Community Fund
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 20th November 2020
- AbilityNet - Who we are and What we do
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards
- Circular Tayside: Exciting new funding to help Sottish businesses save energy!
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 19th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS) is launching a new campaign for face coverings.
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 17th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 25th November, 10-11 AM
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 16th November 2020
- Perthshire Chamber - You Asked and We Delivered November 2020
- Scottish Government: Daily Update Thursday 12th November 2020
- ONE of Perth’s longest established opticians is eyeing-up a move
- Scottish Government Daily Update Wednesday 11th November 2020
- Gov.Scot: Scotland's Young Persons Guarantee Launched
- Student Volunteer wins Award for Community Work in Perth
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 10th November 2020
- Scot Gov COVID Update: Perth and Kinross Tier Three from Friday 13th Nov 2020