Scone Palace opens doors to public to enjoy day of festive splendour
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at Scone Palace as the five-star visitor attraction prepares to open its doors to the public to see its stunning stately rooms in all their festive splendour.
On Sunday December 15, Scone Palace will give visitors the chance to see the Palace's grand state rooms adorned with magical decorations, from sparkling candles and baubles to the magnificent Christmas trees.
To add to even more Christmas cheer, The McAndrews Sisters, a Perth-based vocal trio, will perform Christmas carols for visitors to enjoy and sing along with during the special event. Perth Academy's wind section will also add to the festivities with some classical Christmas music.
There's lots for the little ones to enjoy too; Santa himself will be in attendance gifting chocolate treats, wishes can be hung on the wishing tree and Santa's elf will be on hand for festive face painting.
The Coffee Shop will be open for visitors to enjoy a hot drink and a home-baked treat. Alongside some Christmas stalls selling beautiful gifts and hand-made crafts, the Food Shop will also be open for those looking to pick up some last-minute Christmas presents.
This event, which is open from 11am - 4pm, follows the Palace's annual and hugely popular Christmas Carol Concert on Thursday December 12.
Stephen Brannigan, Head of House Opening at Scone Palace, said:
"Every year, our State Rooms look even more spectacular when all the Christmas decorations have been put up. We are delighted be able to share this Christmas magic with the public and invite people to soak up some of the Christmas spirit with us as well as enjoy some Christmas carols. We hope people will come along and enjoy the festivities."
The State Rooms opening for Christmas is from 11.00am-4.00pm on Sunday December 15 and entry is £6 per person.
To book or for further information visit www.scone-palace.co.uk/whats-on
For more information on Scone Palace go to www.scone-palace.co.uk
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access
- New recruitment drive for tourism and hospitality sectors
- Visit Scotland launch summer staycation campaign
- Latest SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Results
- Archie's Appeal For Summer: Enjoy a Picnic in the Park!
- New LNER Timetable Consultation
- Lindsays: Scottish employee ownership deals set to double
- Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions