Scone Palace opens doors to public to enjoy day of festive splendour
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at Scone Palace as the five-star visitor attraction prepares to open its doors to the public to see its stunning stately rooms in all their festive splendour.
On Sunday December 15, Scone Palace will give visitors the chance to see the Palace's grand state rooms adorned with magical decorations, from sparkling candles and baubles to the magnificent Christmas trees.
To add to even more Christmas cheer, The McAndrews Sisters, a Perth-based vocal trio, will perform Christmas carols for visitors to enjoy and sing along with during the special event. Perth Academy's wind section will also add to the festivities with some classical Christmas music.
There's lots for the little ones to enjoy too; Santa himself will be in attendance gifting chocolate treats, wishes can be hung on the wishing tree and Santa's elf will be on hand for festive face painting.
The Coffee Shop will be open for visitors to enjoy a hot drink and a home-baked treat. Alongside some Christmas stalls selling beautiful gifts and hand-made crafts, the Food Shop will also be open for those looking to pick up some last-minute Christmas presents.
This event, which is open from 11am - 4pm, follows the Palace's annual and hugely popular Christmas Carol Concert on Thursday December 12.
Stephen Brannigan, Head of House Opening at Scone Palace, said:
"Every year, our State Rooms look even more spectacular when all the Christmas decorations have been put up. We are delighted be able to share this Christmas magic with the public and invite people to soak up some of the Christmas spirit with us as well as enjoy some Christmas carols. We hope people will come along and enjoy the festivities."
The State Rooms opening for Christmas is from 11.00am-4.00pm on Sunday December 15 and entry is £6 per person.
To book or for further information visit www.scone-palace.co.uk/whats-on
For more information on Scone Palace go to www.scone-palace.co.uk
- Cancellation of The Enchanted Forest 2021
- UK Banking Industry Commits to Access to Cash
- Self-Isolation Support Grant
- Take the Quarterly Economic Indicator!
- Apprentice Transition Plan - Employer Information
- Meet the Buyer - Supplier Development Programme
- Business Feedback Required - Zero Waste Scotland, Green Internship Scheme
- Inspirational Young Person Award - Applications Open
- Alan Titchmarsh backs Balhousie in Bloom
- ‘Extreme’ Social Distancing Rules Risk ‘Irreparably Damaging’ Scotland’s Arts Sector
- BBC Radio 5 Live - Media Opportunity
- Scotland's GDP Grew by 2.3% in Q4 2020
- Celebrations & Pizza for Balhousie Residents
- Furlough Mistakes Could Prove Costly
- Market and Festival Attendance Fund
- Queens Award for Enterprise 2022 - Applications Open
- Call for Businesses to Support India - Covid-19 Support Campaign
- Tay Cities Food and Drink Expo 2021
- TalentScotland, Business Immigration & Visa Support Service
- Scottish Elections - Party Manifesto Summary
- Marine Fund Scotland - Open Now
- Bus Drivers Rewarded in Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving Scheme
- Carrick Management welcomes new employees through Kickstart Scheme
- Perth Autism Support - 5K MAY